Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Chrome Exhaust Cover

TomC27

Hi Guys

Not really into the 'image' mods but the exhaust on my IS202 SE is rusty and I think dosn't look great so would like to slide over a chrome tailpipe cover to make it look a bit better.

Have any of you guys know anywhere I can purchase such a cover - or size, prices etc.

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi Guys

Not really into the 'image' mods but the exhaust on my IS202 SE is rusty and I think dosn't look great so would like to slide over a chrome tailpipe cover to make it look a bit better.

Have any of you guys know anywhere I can purchase such a cover - or size, prices etc.

Thanks in anticipation.

this was an option extra from lexus but i think it has been discontinued. measure the pipe and my try get one to match in a local motor factors

Hi Guys

Thanks in anticipation.

I will be adding my chrome tailpipe cover to the parts for sale section very soon. :whistling:

Thanks Sagitar but I already have my 'George Forman' cable tied to the exhaust - need the chrome cover as it makes the 'fat' splashes easier to clean - lol

I bought a cover in good old Halfords (80mm dia) for £ 15 but may need some mods as seems slightly long - then browsed eBay yesterday eve and found one and have ordered it.

Thanks guys for you info.

Do you mind pointing me in the direction of the one you got? I looked for one a while back as my pipe disappeared after I had my rear skirt fitted but got bored as I couldn't find one that would fit an 80mm pipe........

Hi Parthiban

The one I ordered off eBay was a guy selling a single one - but I have purchased one from Halfords which says it fits an 80mm dia but I think it is a bit long ie would stick past the standand rear valance on my IS 200 SE but may suit your 'skirted' option if a longer trim would suit.

I am waiting for the one I ordered off eBay to arrive and assuming it all fits ok I will have the Halfords one as spare - it cost me £ 15 but if any good for you will accept £ 10 - I will try to get pics uploaded of the trim would be Thursday 21st

• 1 month later...
Hi Parthiban

The one I ordered off ebay was a guy selling a single one - but I have purchased one from Halfords which says it fits an 80mm dia but I think it is a bit long ie would stick past the standand rear valance on my IS 200 SE but may suit your 'skirted' option if a longer trim would suit.

I am waiting for the one I ordered off ebay to arrive and assuming it all fits ok I will have the Halfords one as spare - it cost me £ 15 but if any good for you will accept £ 10 - I will try to get pics uploaded of the trim would be Thursday 21st

I bought a tail pipe cover from Halfords (80mm dia) for £ 15 which I thought was too good to be true as they are not easy to get hold of. Went straight home and fitted it to my IS300 with no problem, it looked fantastic....2 days later its gone from shiny chrome colour to horrid shade of gold.....you get what you pay for !

• 3 weeks later...
I bought a tail pipe cover from Halfords (80mm dia) for £ 15 which I thought was too good to be true as they are not easy to get hold of. Went straight home and fitted it to my IS300 with no problem, it looked fantastic....2 days later its gone from shiny chrome colour to horrid shade of gold.....you get what you pay for !

Just bumping this as i have some possibly useful information. The stainless tailpipe covers of the Mkiv supra (once trimmed down) are a great 'gently tap on' tolerance fit over the IS200 exhaust. These will not tarnish and i mention it as the stock Mkiv exhausts are often thrown out by supra owners and/or can be had on eBay very cheap.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links