Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto-central Lock On Driving Away

Hi.

I remember some posts a while ago about the new Lexus range having the doors auto-locking when you drive off after say x-mph.

In case you didn't know, this is now standard in new Lexus IS and GS ranges (not sure on RX and LS yet).

All new facelift GS will have this feature (from March'08 onwards)

All new IS models from about Nov/Dec'07.

Derek.

My Peugeot 307 had that. It's all well and good, unless when the doors are locked the inside handle can't open when they're locked because if you're involved in a collision, it gives the emergency services a hell of bigger nightmare to get you out the car because they can't open the door. Some cars you can override the locks just by opening the interior handle but my IS doesn't do that. Worth a thought

My Peugeot 307 had that. It's all well and good, unless when the doors are locked the inside handle can't open when they're locked because if you're involved in a collision, it gives the emergency services a hell of bigger nightmare to get you out the car because they can't open the door. Some cars you can override the locks just by opening the interior handle but my IS doesn't do that. Worth a thought

Yeah it is weird, if they're worried about safety all it needs is a double pull system a la audi and bmw...........although mercs still open with one pull and they don't seem to be having any problems...........

Although I do remember reading on here that the new IS drivers door opens with a pull of the handle........and if done within a certain time after switch off it unlocks all the doors - guess they're slowly getting there!

Yeah it is weird, if they're worried about safety all it needs is a double pull system a la audi and bmw...........although mercs still open with one pull and they don't seem to be having any problems...........

Although I do remember reading on here that the new IS drivers door opens with a pull of the handle........and if done within a certain time after switch off it unlocks all the doors - guess they're slowly getting there!

I've not experimented with the "certain time" thing, but I can tell you for a fact the driver's side doors on new IS and new GS (and the RX iirc) will overide the locked door for the drivers door only!

Its a mechanical thing, so when you pull the lever, it unlocks the drivers door's lock.

I've been getting caught out when I stop and get out, I forget any passengers who are not used to the car need to have their doors unlocked! :lol:

I'm standing around wondering what's taking them so long! :lol:

D.

I've not experimented with the "certain time" thing, but I can tell you for a fact the driver's side doors on new IS and new GS (and the RX iirc) will overide the locked door for the drivers door only!

Its a mechanical thing, so when you pull the lever, it unlocks the drivers door's lock.

I've been getting caught out when I stop and get out, I forget any passengers who are not used to the car need to have their doors unlocked! :lol:

I'm standing around wondering what's taking them so long! :lol:

D.

I wasn't sure if I had made it up but managed to find the link where it was discussed originally......seems it can be programmed in different ways - Link

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links