Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alarm/key Problem

Morning all

seem to be having a problem with my key not unlocking the car?......ive changed the Battery (tried 3, all new) and still no luck....anyone experienced anything similar. :unsure:.....ive also managed to round off one of the screws inside the key, anyone know if these can be bought from the dealers?

TIA

Not sure about the screw, but as for the unlocking, I have experienced this before (more than once) it is a strange phenomena.

I think you'll find that if you open the car with the key, the alarm will sound, start the engine straight away, the alarm will continue to sound for another 10 secs or so then it will stop.

Move your car down the road or into the next street, get out and try locking and unlocking and it should be fine.

The only "explination" is interference ?? The car thinks its being tampered with and shuts itself off.

Hope this helps.

Thanks mate, will give it a shot :) ......if it is interference, im begining to thing that it could be my house alarm (wireless) as its done it before in someone elses drive that has the same alarm

Sound like the culprit to me.

hope you get it sorted mate.

Stav

cheers mate, its playing in the back of my mind, just wanna get home and sort it!!

Hope it's not the same problem I had with my IS200 Sport a few weeks ago, but it's the same symptoms....my receiver under the back parcel shelf needed replacing...£150.

Stav

cheers mate, its playing in the back of my mind, just wanna get home and sort it!!

Hope it's not the same problem I had with my IS200 Sport a few weeks ago, but it's the same symptoms....my receiver under the back parcel shelf needed replacing...£150.

Im hoping its not mate.....was that for the part and is it a DIY job

Stav

Im hoping its not mate.....was that for the part and is it a DIY job

That was just the cost of the replacement part. Labour, re-programming etc and the dreaded VAT took it to £415.77 at Lexus Bristol. Well it did get a good valet too :whistling:

I had the same problem with my car, but it didn't seem that the car was shutting off, just seems the fob on mine needs to be held right next to the rear screen to work (ie close to the sensor as possible) whenever i'm at home, anywhere else and it still responds fine from upto about 50 yards

Well got into the car with the key yesterday, as expected the alarm went off started it parked up down the street and it worked fine, came back home and it wouldnt work again....so i parked on another street and again it worked so im assuming that its not the sensor thats gone and it is some interference around my house.....parked back up in the drive and it actually locked......tried again about an hour later and nothing.........as i said earlier the only thing that i can think it could be is the house alarm, bit weird that its just started doing it all of a sudden? Going to shut the whole system down over the weekend just to make sure that it is the house alarm

Thanks again for your comments lads :)

Shahz, I found it happened for a couple of days then nothing (touch wood).

Atleast its not a jiggered receiver, although I guess you'll have to pay for a valet :lol:

:lol::lol: ...Damn!!......yeah glad its not the worst....hoping that it will get back to normal soon

Cheers mate B)

Shahz, I found it happened for a couple of days then nothing (touch wood).

Atleast its not a jiggered receiver, although I guess you'll have to pay for a valet :lol:

:lol::lol: ...Damn!!......yeah glad its not the worst....hoping that it will get back to normal soon

Cheers mate B)

Sorry to sound cautious but working intermittently was the original problem I had. I re-programmed the keys a few months before and everything seemed fine, but it was a dodgy receiver all along. Hope you're lucky and it's just interference :whistling: .

You could well be right mate, im hoping that its not due it working completely normal as soon as i move away from the house, but then saying that why has it all of a sudden begun to interfere??....strange :unsure:...will check out what happens once ive shut the alarm system down

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links