Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sound Install

dipsetdeano

Hi All

I'm getting fed up of the standard stereo refusing to read certain cds and the lack of mp3 function so i feel it's time to replace it.

I have been looking on the forum and see that you need a bypass lead to do this. Found some on eBay item numbers 180221510421 and 180221300025 are these both the same and will they do the job??

Will replace it with my sony headunit from my old car but also have 17cm front speakers and 6 x 9's from my old car which I could swap over for the standard ones. Will this be a simple swap or will it involve messing around cutting wires etc??

Is this a job i could do myself, or should i take it to an audio place??

Sorry for so many questions and thanks in advance

Deano

Hello and welcome to the club matey.. :D

Botht the leads your looking at on eBay do the same thing so go for the cheaper of the 2 as it looks less complicated? If you look for a member under DJ WOZZA he has done some great topics with lots of pic's on doing the change over including speakers and most of the things you've asked about and he is very helpfull if you need any help with anything concerning the stereo setup :D

Have a look here matey CLICK ME ...

now dont forget to get some pic's up as we like to see pic's :D

yes mate, the leads are fine.

your speaker should fit, but you will need mounting pieces that will prob have to be custom made, front and rear.

i wouldn't reccommend doing it yourself unless you have a little car audio experience (i have a little, and im about to attempt mine, including amps!)

but the guides on here (and the US version) are all very good, read thouroughly, twice, before you even start!

and yes wozza's is pretty good.

Has anyone done sound installation including amp, subwoofer and speakers in Lexus IS 200 SE. I need some ideas on electrics for an expert.

yes mate, the leads are fine.

your speaker should fit, but you will need mounting pieces that will prob have to be custom made, front and rear.

i wouldn't reccommend doing it yourself unless you have a little car audio experience (i have a little, and im about to attempt mine, including amps!)

but the guides on here (and the US version) are all very good, read thouroughly, twice, before you even start!

and yes wozza's is pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the info

Changed the headunit over this weekend with the aid of the facia kit and bypass lead. I certainly had a fun time getting the plug out the back of the amp!!! I am so glad of all the info on the site otherwise i would prob still be trying!!!

I'll see how i get on with this set up for a bit but will prob put my sub in soon.

Pics of my handywork to follow soon

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links