Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After releasing the parking brake the red Brake light dims slightly and stays on, has anyone any ideas? THought it might be a dodgy connection as it happened a few days ago but by the time I went to use the car the following day it went off after the brake was released. However now it stays on!

Any thoughts?

After releasing the parking brake the red Brake light dims slightly and stays on, has anyone any ideas? THought it might be a dodgy connection as it happened a few days ago but by the time I went to use the car the following day it went off after the brake was released. However now it stays on!

Any thoughts?

Hi, as your brake pads wear ,the brake pistons move out, allowing more brake fluid in,and your reservior level goes down ,which in turn brings on your warning light, so try topping it up and get your pads checked .Hope this helps B)

I will try checking the fluid level. But I have a similar problem that when it rains, my parking brake light will come on. I never use the parking brake either. It will eventually go out.

However, I will try the checking the fluid level and see if that works at all.

Marv

HI,if your brake warning light comes on when it is rain,u need to get your electric connectors checked out,mainly by your wheel sencors,because that don't sound good :blink: don't play with the braking system,the warning lights are there for a reason, abs, trc and vsc are important in getting u stopped.

strange !!! went to work this morning light was on. drove home this evening light was off. Checked fluid all ok. Forgot to check brake light bulb though !!

Thanks for responses. If it is on tomorrow will get brake shoes checked at dealer.

Try releasing brake before turning ignition on,or stop car,leave park brake off and turn ign. off then restart engine and see if light still comes on.if light doesnt come on it then points to sticking parking brake.Also,does light come on when you apply your brakes in normal driving?

I had a similar problem occur and my first thought was the brake pads - rushed out and bought a set only to find on inspecting them that the pads were okay.

Logged onto the LOC and followed some advise and found the problem in my case was one of the brake light bulbs was on its way out and this is why my brake warning light came on intermittently. One day the warning light came on and just did not go out - the bulb had given up the ghost altogther by this time.

At least I have a set of brake pads ready to fit as I have just discovered my near side front disc has warped and will be changing the pads the same time the front discs are replaced.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links