Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

17" Oem Tyres Needs Replacing Please Advise!

Hey Everyone,

I've just noticed that my front Dunlop 17" OEM tyres need replacing, as threads are way beyond legal limit. As all my tyres are Dunlop I will probably go for the same ones, however I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a different tyre which is better suited to my car.

Thanks.

Hey Everyone,

I've just noticed that my front Dunlop 17" OEM tyres need replacing, as threads are way beyond legal limit. As all my tyres are Dunlop I will probably go for the same ones, however I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a different tyre which is better suited to my car.

Thanks.

i have bridgestones oem.got 30k at change

what are the good tyres out there that can help in performance as well as reduce road noise? i've read on many occasions on this forum people recommending Toyo T1-r and saying how better it is in terms of road noise. As I am replacing my two front OEM 17" Dunlops, would anyone recommend changing them to Toyo T1-r? My rear pair would still be Dunlop though until they need replacing.

If so can anyone please tell me how much I would be looking at paying for a pair of Toyo T1-r supplied and fitted? I want a rough Idea so I know if a store is trying to rip me off.

thanks

Hey Everyone,

Thanks.

The new Michelin Pimancy HP is a very good tyre - get them at costco at a good price £120 front £160 rear. Had them on my S60 D5 which was heavy on tyres and they lasted very well. Will be switching to them once the fitted Bridgestones need changing.

I've just been hunting around for a deal for Toyo T1-R as a replacement. I think it would be cheaper if I purchase the tyres myself online and get them fitted at any tyre centre. The best deal I've found on Toyo T1-R so far for my IS250 SE-L is £69.50 per tyre. As I am not very familiar with tyres and things, could anyone please have a look at the link for the site and tell me if these tyres are correct ones: http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?show=1697

Thanks

Hey Everyone,

Thanks.

hi i have Continental sports on mine,good tyre,low road noise :shifty:

I noticed that everytime in the past where I have had tyres changed. The installer balances the wheel and puts these metal things in the wheel aswell which i think are called wheel weights or something.

None of my existing OEMs have any of these metal wheel weights on the wheels. When I have my new ones installed by the installer, is there any way to request not to have these metal weights on my wheels. They make the wheel look rather ugly.

Thanks

You have to have weights fitted to the wheels or it can affect handling, simply tell the tyre fitter to fit them on the inside of the wheel rim instead, out of sight.

I recently changed my tyres at 60k service for T1-R's and they're a very good tyre, got them from Camskill online and like you said ahmed24 it was cheaper to have them fitted independently...also a good thing to do is to fit new valves maybe some nice metal ones while the tyres are off.

I noticed that everytime in the past where I have had tyres changed. The installer balances the wheel and puts these metal things in the wheel aswell which i think are called wheel weights or something.

None of my existing OEMs have any of these metal wheel weights on the wheels. When I have my new ones installed by the installer, is there any way to request not to have these metal weights on my wheels. They make the wheel look rather ugly.

Thanks

Wheel weights help balance the wheel, weights are used to remove wheel vibrations etc. The stick-on type wheel weights aren't really visable, unless you look really close, I think the stick-on wheel weights are much better than the weights that clip onto the side of the rim/alloy.

Thanks for your replies,

So fitting the wheel weights on the inner-side of the wheel is ok? Thats good for me then :D anything to hide them :D

I will try and find a installer now that is willing to put the wheel weights on the inside. I recently had one of my alloys changed by Lexus under warranty. When they took off my tyre and put it onto the new alloy it was all balanced but there is not visible wheel weights. So maybe they put it on the inside.

the weights are needed, but should be able to be hidden.

the toyos are good tyres, and should be able to get them fitteed for under £80 a corner mate.

yokohama parada are also very good tyres, excellent grip even in the wet, i have them on my IS and cant fault them, should be simarly priced. (my low profile 18s were £95)

Hey Everyone,

Thanks.

The new Michelin Pimancy HP is a very good tyre - get them at costco at a good price £120 front £160 rear. Had them on my S60 D5 which was heavy on tyres and they lasted very well. Will be switching to them once the fitted Bridgestones need changing.

i paid £85 for fronts and £120 for rears bridgestone oem.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links