Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Address Entry On The Move

Hi All

Is there any way to bypass the feature where you have to be at a low speed or stopped to enter a new destination into the sat nav it is really hacking me off.

I have heard mention of a 'secret menu' any help is appreciated.

I have a new is250 so i am assuming it has the latest version of the sat nav

For the latest version of software, the hack hasn't been found yet. It was quite a simple set of presses on the screen but it was only the earlier version that you could do it on.

Until someone finds a key/screenpress workaround, you'll need to do the hardware hack by disabling the speed sensor.

You can still get into a menu to change things like the camera track calibration, Bluetooth sensitivity, etc. By holding the MENU button and switching your lights on and off 4 times. (Could be three actually)

Do a search on here and you should find the hardware hack. There's a few so you can enter phone numbers, see track lists and folders, caller id, etc.

Hi All

Is there any way to bypass the feature where you have to be at a low speed or stopped to enter a new destination into the sat nav it is really hacking me off.

I have heard mention of a 'secret menu' any help is appreciated.

I have a new is250 so i am assuming it has the latest version of the sat nav

Nav Hack + Override Destination Entry While Moving Switch

OK, so I did the nav hack as everyone does, where you ground the parking wire and re-route the VSS wire so that you can watch DVDs while moving, Bluetooth phone dialing while moving, and mp3 folders while moving. BUT, I also added a switch, which allows destination entry while moving!

My switch does the following:

1) OFF position - Normal nav hack (DVDs while moving, Bluetooth phone dialing while moving, and mp3 folders while moving) <-- No side effects, the nav is smooth.

2) ON position - VSS wire totally disconnected, jumpy nav, destination entry possible <-- Side effects, the nav is jumpy

So, I switch to the ON position briefly to enter destinations while moving, then switch it to the OFF position once I've entered the destination and the nav is smooth again almost instantly!

First Picture: Closeup of screw holding in Ashtray...

Second Picture: Screws holding in Ashtray...

Third Picture: 10mm bolt securing NAV...

Fourth Picture: Ashtray removed...

Fifth Picture: Shifter Console being removed...

Sixth Picture: Shifter Console removed...

Seventh Picture: Rocker switch I bought at Lowes to override destination entry lockout...

Eigth Picture: Rocker switch I bought wired up and ready to be mounted...

Ninth Picture: Closeup of the rocker switch - Red plug is the VSS wire coming from the wireloom (Pink on J50), the actual speed signal - Blue Plug is the VSS wire going to the NAV unit (White/Silver from J1). One flip of the switch and they are instantly disconnected and entering destinations while moving is instantly possible... The nav unit then becomes "jumpy"... After entering destination, flip the switch back and almost instantly the nav becomes smooth again...

Tenth Picture: Closeup of the infamous vent clips...

Eleventh Picture: The wire I joined to the VSS coming from the wireloom (Pink on J50), the actual speed signal, this black wire goes to the switch...

Twelfth Picture: The wire I joined to the VSS going to the NAV unit (White/Silver from J1), this black wire goes to the switch...

hackpicsyv1.png

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links