Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well the OEM bodykit or 'ground effects kit' as Lexus call it, is now available from UK dealerships, also exhaust systems for the IS250 are also becoming available in the UK.

That will be great, wonder if they are still avaliable now, as im looking for bodykit for my IS220, also like the Wald kit, but not sure if its avaliable in the UK...as for exhaust, does the IS250 exhaust fit the IS220D?

btw Terry, your IS250 look very nice.... B) B) B) B)

Don't think the IS250 exhaust will fit the 220D, but someone on here has had a custom twin back box system fitted to his 220 and it looked 120% better than that single sooty pipe. Cannot recollect who it was, but no doubt others with better memory than mine will come up with the info.

is this the one you were talking about Terry? damn it does look nice, but do i need to to mod the OEM bumper to fit? or need to replace my IS220d bumper with a IS250 one?

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/upl...-1186615440.jpg

Don't think the IS250 exhaust will fit the 220D, but someone on here has had a custom twin back box system fitted to his 220 and it looked 120% better than that single sooty pipe. Cannot recollect who it was, but no doubt others with better memory than mine will come up with the info.
is this the one you were talking about Terry? damn it does look nice, but do i need to to mod the OEM bumper to fit? or need to replace my IS220d bumper with a IS250 one?

Yes, think that's it. There are similar aftermarket systems that are available now but you'll have to replace your back bumper panel with either the 250 standard one or the OEM GFX for the 250. The quadruple exit pipe version will only fit with an aftermarket panel...the TRC one.

Doesn't having horizontal pipes on the diesel make a right mess of the rear bumper?

:unsure: That's why we're discussing which bumper panel to fit....the standard 250 or the TRC one for the quad.

:unsure: That's why we're discussing which bumper panel to fit....the standard 250 or the TRC one for the quad.

Ahh, no I didn't mean cutting the holes out, I meant all the black c**p that comes out of the exhausts on diesels............the only car I've ever seen that made me realise how bad it is is the Merc CLS diesel which has the same pipes as the petrol. It was a silver car and there was a whole load of black soot on the rear bumper above the two pipes..........looked hideous :sick:

Ahh, no I didn't mean cutting the holes out, I meant all the black c**p that comes out of the exhausts on diesels............the only car I've ever seen that made me realise how bad it is is the Merc CLS diesel which has the same pipes as the petrol. It was a silver car and there was a whole load of black soot on the rear bumper above the two pipes..........looked hideous :sick:

oh, good point. Presumably that's why most diesel pipes are bent to point at the ground :huh: . Guess it'll just have to be cleaned........ often :whistling:

Yes, think that's it. There are similar aftermarket systems that are available now but you'll have to replace your back bumper panel with either the 250 standard one or the OEM GFX for the 250. The quadruple exit pipe version will only fit with an aftermarket panel...the TRC one.

Those the one you are talking about Terry?

_trc_is220d_exhaust_01f.jpg

also this one

_schubert_is250_02f.jpg

atm im either getting one of those 2(most likely the 2nd one) or get 1 make from Powerflow

do i really to replace the bumper? or can i just cut 2 holes for the exhaust? since im going to add a IS250 rear bumper skirt on later on, it doesnt matter too much if the cut out holes not perfect.... :question:

Never though of this, how bad its too clean those c**p off the bumper? i hasnt seen any yet since i have standard exhaust on, but then i alway clean the car after i took it out for a run.....so as long as its easy to clean then i dont mind (what sort of cleaner i can use on those c**p?).... :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

There are similar aftermarket systems that are available now but you'll have to replace your back bumper panel with either the 250 standard one or the OEM GFX for the 250. The quadruple exit pipe version will only fit with an aftermarket panel...the TRC one.

what do you mean by back bumper panel Terry? the whole bumper? don't know which part you mean matey...

There are similar aftermarket systems that are available now but you'll have to replace your back bumper panel with either the 250 standard one or the OEM GFX for the 250. The quadruple exit pipe version will only fit with an aftermarket panel...the TRC one.

what do you mean by back bumper panel Terry? the whole bumper? don't know which part you mean matey...

The back bumper panel

This_is_the_OEM_back_bumper_panel_for_the_IS250.doc

The quadruple exit pipe version will only fit with an aftermarket panel...the TRC one.

can i just cut hole on the left hand side of my 220d rear bumper instead of replacing the whole bumper Terry? i could get a GFX bumper panel and use that as a template for the left hand side pipe exit hole, and i dont think i will go for Quad exit pipe, will only be twin exit pipe, 1 on each side, will you think that will work matey? going to Leeds tomorrow to get a custom powerflow exhaust make for my Zafira, so will ask if they can make a custom twin exit exhaust for the is220d as well....

think for all the informations btw matey, very grateful for you help, and sorry im kind of hijacked your thread as well.... :whistling: :whistling:

btw those 19 and the body kits on your is250 look stunning ( make me want to get some 19" as well :whistling: :whistling: )

can i just cut hole on the left hand side of my 220d rear bumper instead of replacing the whole bumper Terry? i could get a GFX bumper panel and use that as a template for the left hand side pipe exit hole, and i dont think i will go for Quad exit pipe, will only be twin exit pipe, 1 on each side, will you think that will work matey?

No probs...The Dealerships should be able to supply the rear GFX panel for the 250, open this link for the fitting instructions....looks like you can modify your bumper panel to take the twin pipe GFX.

http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/import/pd...08158-53830.pdf

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links