Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remove Seats

That's basically what I did on mine. Another thing I had to swap aswell is the seatbelt anchor. The seat belt from a 2000 car does not fit in a 2004 anchor...

I'm glad you told me. Thanks! :D I will replace my anchors before I fit the seats tomorrow. I've got the electricity figured out now, so I'm good to go as soon as the sun rises... or maybe a bit later than that.

dscn4551tw7.jpg

dscn4566hj9.jpg

Sorry mate, just checked the thread.

Looks like you have managed to sort it out now, I used the exact same guide so it pretty much explains it.

Shak

it doesnt work here.now i'm desperate.so censor and no electric.what's`wrong?i have tried many combination with the cables,but no electric.Huff.

I will upload my wiring diagram if it turns out to work. The last hours I've struggled with the belt thingys. The new ones doesn't match my seatbelts and the sensors are different. I'm almost finished with my passenger seat. I'll let you know how it works in about 20-30 minutes.

UPDATE: The passenger seat motors are working properly, the occupant sensor is working and the heating should be working. The problem now is that the passenger seatbelt light doesn't stop flashing when you use the seatbelt.

The drivers side should be working. I just haven't mounted the seat yet.

@tonamgu - I've blown a few fuses by using the seat motors. I started with a 5A fuse and I'm now using a 15A one. I was recommended 40A, but I'm not too sure about that. I don't want to burn the motors.

My drivers seat is now in place and fully operational. My only problem now is to get the passenger seatbelt sensor to work. What confuses me is that there are three wires going to the two sensors.

Don't give up tunamgu. It's obviously not impossible.

i used a tool to see what wire from car loom has power.Only the seat heater-wire has power,the other none.i know nothing...

the power was there until the fuse blow,but no power after.have cheked every fuse and all fuse work.

I apologize for the Swedish text. I've just copied my post from another forum. I will translate the text tomorrow. Here we go:

Firstly the connections i my car didn't match the ones on the new seats. The first thing I did was to add this red wire which runs all the way from a 15A fuse on the Battery.

dscn4577ld4.jpg

I removed the plugs and added my own. The yellow airbag connections are the only ones that matches the seats.

dscn4583we1.jpg

New plugs on the seats as well. The pink wires were left over, doing nothing at all.

dsc0087ri6.jpg

Same thing with these plugs.

dsc0088yi4.jpg

My seatbelts didn't fit in my new 2004 anchors. You might think it's just a matter of swapping anchors, but it was harder than I thought.

dsc0082up2.jpg

It was easy to bend them to the right shape

dsc0086wx1.jpg

Then the plugs for the seatbelt sensors were different. Again, no problem.

dsc0084me2.jpg

I don't know how many hours I tried to figure out how the sensors worked in the passenger seat. I know there are two sensors which checks if the seat is occupied and if the seatbelt is in its anchor. However, there were too many wires. For some reason the two sensors had five(!) wires running between themselves and somewhere else. I found four of the other ends, which I connected to my plug, but the fifth I couldn't find.

dsc0092xz5.jpg

This is the wiring diagram I made during the progress

dsc0096ws0.jpg

This one was made to test the seatbelt sensors.

dsc0090uu4.jpg

Fitted nicely

dsc0091oz7.jpg

This little yellow wire was responsible for all the sensor problems in my passenger seat. After several hours of problem solving I simply cut it and everything started working perfectly

79945746tc5.jpg

Finally the front seats are fitted

dscn4584fixpg1.jpg

I love my new seats :)

dscn4588cropjq8.jpg

And now I deserve a beer

dscn4592si4.jpg

possible to wire from radio-power or heater-power?

i think that using the wire of the heater will work, might need a bigger fuse.

but it will only function when the heater is on ( heated seat button must be switched on)

have not tried it, but i think it will work :)

Electric is working great now.I wired from the cigarette.Seatbelt sensor is not connected,cause i can't figure how.

But another problem.Have connected the yellow,but airbag still flashing.Is that because of not connecting the seatbelt censor?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links