Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Sat Nav

afrowen

Hi all,

I just got my 1st IS200 sport nav yesterday.

Was wondering if it is possible to get a updated map

cd for the sat nav? Also if it's possible to use the nav

screen as a monitor to play dvd's etc through?

Thanks in advance

Owen

Welcome to LOC Owen!!! :D

Noce to have you here mate and I hope you're enjoying your IS200! I'm sure this topic has been discussed before, but if you can't find an answer using the search facility, then I'm sure someone will along soon to answer your question for you.

Zee. :)

Welcome to the club mate!

Working on the monitor now (as well as a thousand other things.)

It's basically an RGB+sync. The input you need will probably be composite so a convertor is required. You can get some DVD players with RGB output now but hold off until I've got an accurate reading on the sync. (I think it's hoz sync frequency of 15.7KHz overlayed with a vertical sync frequency of 70Hz but I'm not sure yet).

I just got my 1st IS200 sport nav yesterday.

Was wondering if it is possible to get a updated map

cd for the sat nav?

Hi Owen!

welcome to the club buddy ;)

if your car is new, then the sat nav is DVD based - and I believe the disc has been updated in the last few weeks.

if it is a used car, then it may be CD based, and updates are made on a yearly basis.

Did you buy the car from a dealer, or was it a private sale?

If you got it from a dealer, then they should have included the updated disc (IMO) - and I would take that up with them.

If it was a non dealer sale, then you'll have to see the dealer. I believe the CD's go for about £70 and the DVDs are more expensive.

I don't know how much the new DVD is, but I suspect I'll find out in a few weeks when I get the 30k service done, and ask for the new DVD then :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links