Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I Wonder How The Is250 Will Compare To My C270 Cdi

I've been used to driving a Merc C270 CDI for three years now so will be interested to know how the petrol 2.5 will compare.

I've not arranged the test drive yet. I'm assuming the refinement of the engine will be no camparison. My current motor has the sports suspension so feels the bumps on poor roads. I'm pretty much set on the IS250 even without driving it (I've owned two GS300s so am a Lexus fan and love all the gadgets). The only thing that concerns me is the road noise. I assume this is prevalent on the 17" wheels ? Anyone found suitable tyres that produce the least road noise ?

I've been used to driving a Merc C270 CDI for three years now so will be interested to know how the petrol 2.5 will compare.

I've not arranged the test drive yet. I'm assuming the refinement of the engine will be no camparison. My current motor has the sports suspension so feels the bumps on poor roads. I'm pretty much set on the IS250 even without driving it (I've owned two GS300s so am a Lexus fan and love all the gadgets). The only thing that concerns me is the road noise. I assume this is prevalent on the 17" wheels ? Anyone found suitable tyres that produce the least road noise ?

My Toyo T1-R's made a significant difference to the road noise generated by the OEM fitted Bridgestone Potenzas on my 250, and I understand Lexus have been fitting the Toyo's to new cars now. I have Toyo Proxes 4 on my 200 and these appear to be even better than the T1-R's.

I've had IS250s on extended drives before (2 weeks was the longest) and found the road noise to be much better than the IS200, but it is still there.

However, I've just put Goodyear Eagle F1s on my IS200, and it's almost completely eliminated the road noise, so I'd assume that on the IS250 it'll make them silent :)

Thanks for these answers. Another question (sorry to ask so many)....

I'm still a bit confused by the options...

1. Is the sunroof always an option ? I fancy the SE-L with all the toys but not the sunroof.

2. If I choose the SE instead of the SE-L it doesn't incude the front rear parking monitor but if I choose the Multimedia pack option will that then include the front/rear parking monitors ?

1. Is the sunroof always an option ? I fancy the SE-L with all the toys but not the sunroof.

2. If I choose the SE instead of the SE-L it doesn't incude the front rear parking monitor but if I choose the Multimedia pack option will that then include the front/rear parking monitors ?

Yep the sunroof is always an option, so you can buy any model without a sunroof if you wish.

The SE-L has front and rear parking sensors (i.e. it beeps) whereas MM includes a reversing camera which shows up on the nav screen. So an SE with MM would only have the camera, whereas an SE-L with MM would have front and rear parking sensors, and the camera.

I've arranged a test drive of an IS 250 SE-L (Multimedia) at 2.30pm on Sunday at Lexus Stockport.

This is an hour after testing driving a Jaguar XF (eek).

In some ways I hope I like the Lexus as much as the Jag as I think the Jag is too big really as it's only usually me and the missus that would be in the car.

1. Sunroof is always an option, my SE-L doesn't have a sunroof by choice...complete waste of time with a car with A/C IMHO, and reduces head height.

2. Go for the SE-L with MM and have both...I find they work very well together.

Thought the adaptive cruise was an option on the SE-L?? I find it to be just another toy with little practicality..when on cruise control I prefer my own input. May be useful if you happen to fall asleep I suppose....

Thanks. I think the SE-L is in order as it has the fancy adaptive cruise. I need to sort out this test drive soon.....

be sure you try the adaptive cruise before you buy it.

I tried it on LS600h and it was unusable in real life (in Slovakia) - it makes too long distances between cars in front of you.

1. Sunroof is always an option, my SE-L doesn't have a sunroof by choice...complete waste of time with a car with A/C IMHO, and reduces head height.

and usually it makes the "ceiling" (how to call it?) lower - which is already low.

I know this isn't a sunroof thread but...

I have a sun roof...I like to have a sunroof, the car is always brighter inside, the a/c I know will always do the trick of climate control but the fresh air and all that goes with it is nice from time to time. In a country where it would be both stiflingly hot humid and wet all at the same time then the a/c is your only option.

On the other hand if you're out in the country maybe up in the mountains the air and light let into the car by a sun roof can be invigourating...you don't need air filters up in the mountains or in non dusty non polluted country side. As for headroom lost I don't know what you're talking about ?...The ceiling on mine is actually recessed!...in other words more headroom ....ALL 6mm of it. Or are we trying to bore holes in the IS series again other than sunroof holes that is. :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links