Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mp3 Playing

Hi John,

The standard 6 disc in dash is not capable of playing mp3's. It also has no aux in connection so you'll need to buy a new double din mp3 compatible head unit or a single din mp3 compatible head unit with adapter plate for the dash.

Hi John,

It's possible to dummy the unit, see here:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=46456

If it were me, I'd replace the unit, you'll get some ££ on eBay for your existing unit/amp as they are prone to failing eventually (another reason to get rid!)

Hello John,

If you have an i-pod then I can highly recommend the Grom adapter solution mentioned above by tHomBleached, I have one of these and its a brilliant piece of kit.

Hi,

Thanks for all the answers. The 'Grom adapter solution' looks very well presented and not a bad solution at all.

But I don't have an iPod (I could get one if needed) or alike, and I'd rather change the complete unit if they are

prone to fail.

I've done this before on cars where its the standard open slot/hole in the dash, but I'm not familiar with any

(or even the Lexus) OEM center unit housing/plastics...

What should I expect here if I were to replace the CD/radio unit :-

1) is this something I can do easilly myself, or is it best done by a pro ?

2) are these 'adapter plate for the dash' readilly available, and where ?

Are they a Lexus part (prob not), or who makes the nicest one ?

Thanks,

John.

Hi John,

It's possible to dummy the unit, see here:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=46456

If it were me, I'd replace the unit, you'll get some ££ on ebay for your existing unit/amp as they are prone to failing eventually (another reason to get rid!)

What should I expect here if I were to replace the CD/radio unit :-

1) is this something I can do easilly myself, or is it best done by a pro ?

2) are these 'adapter plate for the dash' readilly available, and where ?

Are they a Lexus part (prob not), or who makes the nicest one ?

1) It's not the hardest thing to do, but yes it's much more of a pain in the backside any other headunit swap you've probably done in the past

2) yep, they're very easy to get hold of, check eBay out or ask at your local car audio shop (the one I had didnt quite match so needed wet n drying, then spraying matt black)

You'll also need the amp bybass lead (which can be found on eBay aswell) or you'll have to fully remove the amp (which is what I did)

Don't worry though, most modern headunits have a pre-amp which matches (if not exceeds) the power that you'll loose from the amp.

Either woz or stav put together some pics showing how they did theirs, which should help.

Hi John,

all the info regarding the replacement of the Lexus head unit is covered in my IS200 ICE thread.

This also covers the different options available with regards to the Facia adaptors. Any comments welcome :D

Most people use the Autoleads Facia FP-25-00 for single din Head Units. The same unit can also be

assembled in a Double Din configuration. I further modified the facia so it matches the dash perfectly.

They have a rough finish out of the box, hence the modification.

(see here for more info, walkthru & pics ) Again any comments welcome :D

There is also a Toyota Part, but this needs the desired hole cutting out, and you may loose

TRC or Heated Seat buttons depending on your model.

If you want a guide to removing the CD Player, please send me a PM with your email address.

I have a word document that covers it completely with pictures and tips/hints etc.

regards

Wozza

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links