Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Mud Flaps On Rx400h

Picked up my new RX400h two weeks ago and it has rained ever since, been thinking the car is jinksed as the showroom shine is well an truly lost !!

What is everyones view on fitting mud flaps to the car. It is astral black so they will not stand out too much but I feel these are needed as i washed the car at the weekend and then went for a short 5 mile journey and the bottom of the doors were dirty again :tsktsk:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Lexus GS 450h SE-L in Velvet Black which is the same as Astral Black. This colour is difficult to keep clean at the best of times. At time of delivery I had the car waxed with a polish product called Zymol, which if used regularly will maintain the original shine.

I also had mud flaps fitted (as a rule I always have them fitted from delivery), and whilst I know its clearly a different car it does help to keep the lower doors and rear bumper clean.

I have a Lexus GS 450h SE-L in Velvet Black which is the same as Astral Black. This colour is difficult to keep clean at the best of times. At time of delivery I had the car waxed with a polish product called Zymol, which if used regularly will maintain the original shine.

I also had mud flaps fitted (as a rule I always have them fitted from delivery), and whilst I know its clearly a different car it does help to keep the lower doors and rear bumper clean.

I had the mud flaps fitted and can say that there is a vast improvement on the lower doors, bumper and rear window ( i think beacuse the clearance between the wheel and the arch is bigger than most vehicles there is more spray ). I purchased the car with Supa guard on it as well and this does help keep the wheels clean of salt and road dirt as well as the bodywork

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links