Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Running higher tyre pressure?

On the UX250h F-sport 18" tyres, its recommended to run on 2.3bar/33psi. However I found it a bit too soft sometimes and I want to bring it up to 2.5bar/36psi. 

Does anyone do this and how do you feel? thanks

6 hours ago, Mike KL said:

On the UX250h F-sport 18" tyres, its recommended to run on 2.3bar/33psi. However I found it a bit too soft sometimes and I want to bring it up to 2.5bar/36psi. 

It might not make much difference but you stand the chance of needing new tyres prematurely.  

2 hours ago, fourbanks said:

My dealer sets the uxs at 25 bar for everyone 

Both our GS300h and GS F tyres are set at 2.5 bar.

3 hours ago, fourbanks said:

My dealer sets the uxs at 25 bar for everyone 

25 bar?? That's 362.594 PSI which I feel is a tad high. The car would float into the air 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, schroder said:

25 bar?? That's 362.594 PSI which I feel is a tad high. The car would float into the air 🤣

Having hit that large pothole, they may have helped serious damage recently?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lmafudd said:

And in which parallel universe is Air lighter than Air?

Any gas when heated at atmospheric pressure becomes lighter than air.. even air can be lighter than air and this is the basis of the hot air balloon. The equation governing this is the equation of state (for ideal gases- that is not very dense gases)

This one!

• Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 1:14 AM, Mike KL said:

I keep the tyres inflated at 2.5 bar, recommended is 2.3 bar. This way the car handles better and it should improve a bit mileage. I own a 250h non F-sport with 17" tyres.

8 hours ago, gdamorini said:

I keep the tyres inflated at 2.5 bar, recommended is 2.3 bar. This way the car handles better and it should improve a bit mileage. I own a 250h non F-sport with 17" tyres.

Just did it for a day and drive around 70miles, 2.5bar front and 2.4bar rear. The car feels better, steering is sharper and less spongy but still comfortable. Mpg doesnt change but the road feed back is satisfying. Gonna keep this configuration.

• Like 1

We lived in a very hilly area and the consensus of opinion in these places - garages/competent drivers etc - was to inflate the tyres about 10% higher than the book values. They said it prevents undue tyre wear from all those sharp corners, less tendency to rub the sidewalls and gives better cornering grip due to less roll.  It certainly worked for us, and no noticeable extra tyre wear in the centre area.  I still slightly overinflate the tyres because the low profile tyres always look flat at the right pressure!  PS - less road noise too.  I am sure that someone on here will point out the error of my ways very soon😝

8 hours ago, GMB said:

PS - less road noise too.  I am sure that someone on here will point out the error of my ways very soon😝

I ran mine at a higher pressure until I swapped the run-flats for ordinary tyres for that very reason. Tyre noise significantly reduced which makes sense as there would be less contact with the tarmac, I assume!

On 3/21/2024 at 5:52 PM, schroder said:

Any gas when heated at atmospheric pressure becomes lighter than air.. even air can be lighter than air and this is the basis 

This all sounds like a lot of hot air to me.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Lmafudd said:

I ran mine at a higher pressure until I swapped the run-flats for ordinary tyres for that very reason. Tyre noise significantly reduced which makes sense as there would be less contact with the tarmac, I assume!

I got a large nail in my run flat and only lost a few bars over a week, so I'm keeping mine 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links