Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vsc And Engine Warning Lights Are On...

Hello my problem, if there is one,? is the "VSC off" light comes on when the ignition is turned on then goes of with the other lights, my question is , if the VSC IS off how do i turn it on mine is a "57 plate RX350, any suggestions p;ease.

That is normal. The light comes on so you know the bulb is working and then goes out. If the VSC is turned off, because of a fault with the system, then the light will come on and stay on.

• Like 1

Hi .

Is this problem also related to the rx400h ? cry.gif

Jon .

I had it on a couple occassions light up - well, 3 times in total since buying the car in May 2014. First time it was when picking up the car from dealer after valeting and detailing - right before trying to drive off the "Check VSC" message came up and engine wouldn't start. The auxillary Battery apparenlty had discharged while car was being cleaned that same day - car had all doors open, probably radio playing etc. and was not in "READY" mode - engine would not be started to re-charge Battery - so dealer's explanation seems plausible.

Another two times each time when it would light up I would freak out, yes - but then would just turn off engine and back on again - then it would light up again. Another anxious moment. Then repeated off an on - all back to normal. Not sure the Battery problem this time, since car was driven earlier same day both times.

• 2 weeks later...

hi

dont know if this may help

opened bonnet and the snow on it slid into the trough at the base of the windscreen

drove off and noticed management lights on(both)

tried to reset no luck so hosed out the snow and dried what i could off

bingo all back to normal

will wait for spring and apply waterproofing varnish/spray for a permanemt repair

hope it is as simple as just damp proofing

regards

les

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys anyone fixed this problem .

I've drove my rx300 20 times and 5 times out of 20 ecu light and vsc light came on p0136 p0156 . Lambda sensor ,but reset and ok for 2-3 days . Usually when a sensor fails it perminante fail not intermittent .

I .... have got from 450-500 miles on a pure motorway run (not using the trip computer)

450-500 from a petrol 3L V6? What speed do you drive at - 45MPH?

Sorry, but I don't believe you can get that @ even 60MPH. The most I would suggest you get is around 320 miles on a long run from your tankful.

Hi

just to clarify, I get around 400 miles to a tank on a run in my 2001 RX300, averaging a calculated 28 miles per gallon.

The best I have managed was from Santander to Camping La Marina on the Costa Blanca coast, in 33 degree heat with air con on at 65mph, with a boot full of camping gear and a full size air con unit ( cant beat a nice cool tent ) which we managed a record breaking ( for me ) 32mpg, lovely smooth flat roads, no stopping and starting, and constant use of cruise control ( tyres 35 psi ),

this taken from fuel receipts, sat nav and odometer!

Also for anyone else with a mark 1, the speedo over reads quite a bit, but the average speed setting on the computer is dead on!

Also very cold weather wrecks hypermiling!

Cheers Jason

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links