Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav?

Canaide

Am I the only person not disappointed with this?

Personally - I see too many morons on the road, talking on the phone, sending text messages, messing in the glove box etc that I think the last thing we need are people messing with changing their destination, or trying to change TV channels / swap DVD's.

Hi, I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if this has been asked before or if I'm in the wrong area of the forum.

What are the differences between the older CD-based Satnav and the newer DVD-based systems? I am aware that the DVD system covers Europe with a single disk, but are there are any other major differences, either on the navigation side or on the general display functions? I'm referring to the GS300 system just in case there are differences across the range.

Big Dave

Hi guys, 1st DvD is faster and it can store more map, 2nd you cant watch Tv or DvD, while driving, because by Law all DVD or TV will not allow to work once the hand break is off for the Driver or front Passager, of course the back passagers screen can work, just not the front...as for Sat nav, they are allowed to work while you are driving... :D :D :D

On the new Mercedes COMMAND sat nav system which is also DVD based you can watch movies on it (and also have an optional TV Tuner) but as soon as you pull away the display will turn off.

I think Lexus's decision not to have it play DVD's is nothing to do with Law or safety just a cost thing.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links