Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service History

Rikos

Hello all,

I need some help (if anyone can that is)!

When i bought my car they gentleman i bought it off had purchased it from carcraft and they where supposed to send the service book onto him. Needless to say this never happened (yes i know i should not of bought it without history but it had just had a full service and had three years warranty).

So i decided to try and track down the service history, i rang carcraft and they said that they would have forwarded all documents when the car was purchased and didnt have anything more. Hoping that it had been taken to a lexus dealership, I rang Lexus GB and spoke to a very helpful chap who did a search on my licence plate number but no joy. So i gave him my vin number and it came up that it was originally registered in Belfast. So i rang Belfast and the chap was helpful and confirmed that it had been sold from Belfast but never came back for any services.

What i need to know is there any wat of tracking down a service history (i know it's a long shot). Or maybe the car used to belong to another member on hear from Northern Ireland or Ireland? I have the original northen irish plate if that helps.

I know that there isnt much chance of finding the info but just thought i'd try ro help resale value and peace of mind for the new owner, although the car is in very good condition and has been looked after and serviced since i have owned it a full service history helps.

Thank you

Rik

The owner before me has no other than what car craft told him as he only had it for a year. He bought it for his son and his son never paid him the money back so he had to get rid of it.

Ian - it is still their slightly but it will be sorted this weekend when they strip my brake at the garage to see if i need a new caliper or not.

saddly the lexus network is not linked. you might have to call every lexus dealer with the vin at hand!

The last chap is right,Lexus dealers are not linked for history they use a kerridge based computor system which is not linked.There is a system how ever that each dealer has to pay to be part of(not many are)but it may be worth a go.Ring your local Lexus or Toyota garage and ask for a service history check(but not kerridge)you never know you might get lucky!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links