Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Roadmap For The Is250/220 ?

Hi,

Does anyone know what the roadmap for the current 2nd gen IS models are?

ie if there is a facelift on the horizon? When it will be end of life and the new 3rd gen IS range will be released? If there is a hybrid due for the 2nd gen IS range?

Looking at refreshing mine later this year, but want to be sure there is nothing new new ciming for the range before I do.

Thanks,

I can't ever see a hybrid in this chassis, unless there is some improvement with the size and weight of the motors and batteries.

There have already been at least 2 tweaks:

Late 2006 - realligned switchs for Boot and fuel filler, new Black

2008 MY - different seat backs etc, plus some minor colour name changes, Auto locking (FINALLY)

Bottom line is the car is already beginning to look a little old as both Merc and Audi have newer models.

If they were to improv it, I'd like to see the following:

Wood Standard in the SE

18" wheels standard on SE-L

Auto for the diesel

MP3 DVD Driver in the MLS

A real tax breaker for the company car uers (doesn't affect me, but Lexus seriously want sales in the UK, an Auto Diesel/150 or lower Co2's would be a good start)

The manager of my local dealership told me today that they are expecting a replacement class D car ( the new IS apparently) in 2010 and that it will be fully loaded, his words, and hybrid.

The manager of my local dealership told me today that they are expecting a replacement class D car ( the new IS apparently) in 2010 and that it will be fully loaded, his words, and hybrid.

I'd be surprised if they replace the IS in 2010, a 5 year life is pretty short, but I guess it's possible.

I heard a rumour that the hybrid you mentioned is an all new standalone model, but only time will tell........

18" wheels standard on SE-L

why? even on 17" the car is pretty stiff

MP3 DVD Driver in the MLS

I can't get that somebody pays cash on great MLS "stereo" and then f**ks it with mp3 crippled sound...or I am missing something?

Shoggy asked "Why would Lexus consider Hybrid for the IS when they have targeted Diesel ?"

My dealer also said the diesel had had an upgrade earlier this year to "improve" things. he said if someone wants a diesel they will happily sell one to them but it was really aimed at the fleet market. Hybrid is the way Lexus is going with all its range apparently.

Shoggy asked "Why would Lexus consider Hybrid for the IS when they have targeted Diesel ?"

My dealer also said the diesel had had an upgrade earlier this year to "improve" things. he said if someone wants a diesel they will happily sell one to them but it was really aimed at the fleet market. Hybrid is the way Lexus is going with all its range apparently.

I was invited to a launch of the LS 600h

The Lexus GB Sales director said there was no plan for IS Hybrid for that very reason "Its The Reps Car"

I was invited to a launch of the LS 600h

The Lexus GB Sales director said there was no plan for IS Hybrid for that very reason "Its The Reps Car"

But Lexus have commited to having a Hybrid version off all their models (I think by 2010). It is true that the current Hybrid system will not go into the existing IS. It's just to small. That would explain a new car coming in 2010 though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links