Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Toyo Proxes R32a Tyres For Is250

Hi chaps, I just completed 30K miles on my IS250, so I looked around for new tyres & thought about trying the Toyo Proxes R32A.

I got them from camskill for £380, and saved loads compared to the Dunlops. I've only driven 100 miles with them but they seem smooth and quiet.

The rim protector is quite thick, so hope it helps preventing scratching the alloys.

I am trying to upload a couple of pictures as I could not find any when I was buying them.

post-23390-1209317154.jpg

post-23390-1209317185.jpg

Hi chaps, I just completed 30K miles on my IS250, so I looked around for new tyres & thought about trying the Toyo Proxes R32A.

I got them from camskill for £380, and saved loads compared to the Dunlops. I've only driven 100 miles with them but they seem smooth and quiet.

The rim protector is quite thick, so hope it helps preventing scratching the alloys.

I am trying to upload a couple of pictures as I could not find any when I was buying them.

Yep, put them on my IS200 Sport last year..they're a very good tyre. Will probably put them on my 250 in place of the Toyo T1-R's when Toyo produce the sizes that'll fit my rims.

R32's were standard on my IS250

Yes, they were the alternative to the Bridgestones...trying to improve on the road noise I think. My rims are a different size to yours though :whistling:

From the pictures you can see there is quite a difference in the diameter of the 245's against the 225's.

I'm on 22k now with my oem dunlops and going for Toyos next.

• 3 weeks later...

I changed to TOYO's at 33,000 and now after 62,000 the fronts have about 5mm but the rears are only 3mm. The road noise defently reduced and I think they feel a lot better in heavy rain conditions.

I also changed the fronts from 225 to 235, with 245 on the rear. every service phone me to say the wrong tyres are fitted.

I changed to TOYO's at 33,000 and now after 62,000 the fronts have about 5mm but the rears are only 3mm. The road noise defently reduced and I think they feel a lot better in heavy rain conditions.

I also changed the fronts from 225 to 235, with 245 on the rear. every service phone me to say the wrong tyres are fitted.

You changed to the Toyo's from the Dunlops ?

• 4 weeks later...

Im waiting for a new 220d which I am told will take four months so I decided just to change the front tyres which are getting a bit scruffy. I went to my local tyre place and told the guy that I wanted Toyos because that is what Lexus were switching to because of the road noise. The guy told me that I would be mad to change to Toyos as they were a mid priced tyre ( about €110) over here each as against € 160/170 for continental/Bridgstones which according to him were premium tyres and far better quality than the Toyos. Now I am in a quandary as to what to do. If this is true I certainly dont want them on my new jalopy. Are we seeing Lexus cutbacks or are the reasons for change true.

Im waiting for a new 220d which I am told will take four months so I decided just to change the front tyres which are getting a bit scruffy. I went to my local tyre place and told the guy that I wanted Toyos because that is what Lexus were switching to because of the road noise. The guy told me that I would be mad to change to Toyos as they were a mid priced tyre ( about €110) over here each as against € 160/170 for continental/Bridgstones which according to him were premium tyres and far better quality than the Toyos. Now I am in a quandary as to what to do. If this is true I certainly dont want them on my new jalopy. Are we seeing Lexus cutbacks or are the reasons for change true.

If he charged more for the Toyo's would it make you feel better? Toyo aren't inferior quality compared to Bridgestone or Continental, I prefer them on my 250 and 200 to either of them....less noise and more grip in the wet. Probably a softer compound than the Bridgestone so will not wear quite as well, but it's a trade off against better grip. My T1-R's on the 250 have done just under 20K and the rears are more worn than the fronts, but they don't need changing yet.

If he charged more for the Toyo's would it make you feel better? Toyo aren't inferior quality compared to Bridgestone or Continental, I prefer them on my 250 and 200 to either of them....less noise and more grip in the wet. Probably a softer compound than the Bridgestone so will not wear quite as well, but it's a trade off against better grip. My T1-R's on the 250 have done just under 20K and the rears are more worn than the fronts, but they don't need changing yet.

Thanks for coming back with a reply .The price is not an issue its just that you normally gets what you pays for and I was a bit wary of the huge price differential. Also I know bugger all about tyres and he was supposed to be the expert.

hi tango is possible you could tell me the price of toyo for the is200 please

many thanks neil

Neil,

Purchased the 4 off Toyo Proxes 4 TL 215/45R17 in October 2007 for £82.53 each. Total price inc. VAT, valves, fitting & balance was £422.76.

Last time the stealership fitted a Bridgestone Potenza to my 200 Sport I believe it was £125.00

43000 klms...almost 27000 mls...Just changed to the Toyo T1Rs from Dunlops.

The rears probably had 5,000 miles left in them but I prefer to change all four when I change.

The tyre guy thought that these tyres were really good ...I took his word for it.

The road noise I think is no better or worse. I have not driven in the wet with them yet

but they have a pretty impressive looking tread pattern for moving water away...I hope.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links