Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Angry With Lexus Cambridge

GWilso

for those of you that know I've not really had much good to say about Lexus Cambridge since taking delivery of my 220d SEL MM all that aside and over and done with,

I step into the car yesterday to find quite a noticeable large area of the leather has quite badly worn and looks set to get worse without some sort of treatment or repair.

This was defiantly not there a few days ago my theory is that something had been used to cover it when I bought the car now its wearing off and showing all the marks

it looks like its been there for some time so it looks like it will be another expensive repair on my part

although the car is 06 it has done 66500 miles so is out of the manufactures warranty anyone know how much this will cost to repair/replace?

My 7 year old leather sofa looks in much better condition and that gets sat on a hell of a lot more than my car :P

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

You should give them the opportunity to fix it, despite what you think of them. Does it smell like boot polish or similar? Where exactly on the seat is it as wearing jeans can mark leather especially on any side bolster when you get in. I had a dealership cover a dashboard mark with boot polish or similar but it didn't fool me and was later confirmed by a motor inspector.

I'ts on the side supports i'll give them a call tomorrow i'm off to smell the seats now lol :lol:

You should give them the opportunity to fix it, despite what you think of them. Does it smell like boot polish or similar? Where exactly on the seat is it as wearing jeans can mark leather especially on any side bolster when you get in. I had a dealership cover a dashboard mark with boot polish or similar but it didn't fool me and was later confirmed by a motor inspector.

I did tell you a while back to return the car before you accepted it.

Damaged windscreen, incorrect mileage, car in bodyshop for painting, & now Leather issues ? (plus any I may have forgotten)

Sounds to me like a dog. Sorry, I know that sounds harsh, but there it is.

On a different note, if the car is just outside Factory warranty, was it not sold as an Approved Used ?

Surely some comeback as you have had the car a month ?

If not pass the Leather info along with everything else from start till now to Lexus GB as your customer

experience with Lexus Cambridge and see what they would suggest your actions should be as it really

doesn't seem like they are embodying "The Pursuit Of Perfection" to me.

You supply the badges ill be there :lol:

Surely a more appropriate petition would be organising a meet outside Lexus Cambridge, all turning up in Lexi and taping BMW badges over the front. That should get the message across.

A Dog my car thats a bit harsh Wozza :unsure:

But you are right I guess the truth is I probably would'nt be 100% with any 220d not just this one I wish i'd left Lexus altogother in the old days lexus used to be the premium brand but now all the other major players can do just aswell for half the price lesson learnt :shutit: its a shame but i'm sure most will agree

LEXUS HAVE TAKEN QUITE A FEW STEPS DOWN THE LADDER IN THE PAST FEW YEARS

I did tell you a while back to return the car before you accepted it.

Damaged windscreen, incorrect mileage, car in bodyshop for painting, & now Leather issues ? (plus any I may have forgotten)

Sounds to me like a dog. Sorry, I know that sounds harsh, but there it is.

On a different note, if the car is just outside Factory warranty, was it not sold as an Approved Used ?

Surely some comeback as you have had the car a month ?

If not pass the Leather info along with everything else from start till now to Lexus GB as your customer

experience with Lexus Cambridge and see what they would suggest your actions should be as it really

Paul yes they do................. A mechanical warranty :crybaby:
Dont all approved used Lexi come with a years warranty?

Are you sure?

From link below:

All Approved Pre-Owned Lexus vehicles are supplied complete with one year's manufacturer's equivalent warranty with unlimited mileage cover.

http://www.lexus.co.uk/used-cars/key-features.aspx

interesting but thats what they told me......Thanks Paul I've printed this of and will be resiting it too them tomorrow ill let you know how I get on although I'm pretty sure there will be further terms and conditions

Cheers

Gordon

Are you sure?

From link below:

All Approved Pre-Owned Lexus vehicles are supplied complete with one year's manufacturer's equivalent warranty with unlimited mileage cover.

I really should read further before I reply on this site I found their get out clause at the bottom of their T&C's as follows

· All Approved Pre-Owned Lexus Car Warranties have the same level of cover as the Lexus new vehicle warranty, with the exception of batteries, interior trim and corroded exhausts. The exact level of cover is detailed on the reverse of the warranty application form and also within your handover pack you receive when purchasing your vehicle

interesting but thats what they told me......Thanks Paul I've printed this of and will be resiting it too them tomorrow ill let you know how I get on although I'm pretty sure there will be further terms and conditions

Cheers

Gordon

Are you sure?

From link below:

........Damaged windscreen, incorrect mileage, car in bodyshop for painting, & now Leather issues ? (plus any I may have forgotten)

..............Surely some comeback as you have had the car a month ?

If not pass the Leather info along with everything else from start till now to Lexus GB as your

customer experience with Lexus Cambridge and see what they would suggest your actions should be as it really

Read this again from my post above. Worth a try mate.

I know I know I Know I'm already thinking of cutting my losses my theory is ill lose 1K I paid on the current car,

What I can't decide on is do I stump up another 4K (all my life savings) on a new/ish 250 or go for something lower down the pecking order away from lex? I'm just so angry that Lexus A F****N car manufacture have put me through so much pain and anguish for something that should be a pleasure :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

I'm just sick of arguing and traveling to and from to have such simple things rectified was ANY TESTING DONE ON THE NEW GEN IS?

........Damaged windscreen, incorrect mileage, car in bodyshop for painting, & now Leather issues ? (plus any I may have forgotten)

..............Surely some comeback as you have had the car a month ?

If not pass the Leather info along with everything else from start till now to Lexus GB as your

customer experience with Lexus Cambridge and see what they would suggest your actions should be as it really

Read this again from my post above. Worth a try mate.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links