Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whilst my car was in for warranty work, they also replaced both key fobs under warranty for some reason.

They were a bit vague as to the reason why, mentioned something about interference?

Never had problems with the fobs themselves as far as I am aware

Just wondered if this is a general 'recall' type thing by Lexus?

Whilst my car was in for warranty work, they also replaced both key fobs under warranty for some reason.

They were a bit vague as to the reason why, mentioned something about interference?

Never had problems with the fobs themselves as far as I am aware

Just wondered if this is a general 'recall' type thing by Lexus?

Wouldn't be at all surprised as quite a few of us have had problems that may have had something to do with domestic wireless transmissions.....

• 1 month later...

sounds very familiar, although i just wished they'd changed our keyfobs for us. We moved house in Feb 08 and found that we couldnt park our car near our house. Everytime we tried to gain access to the car the alarm went off. So now its parked about 50 meters up the road!

We have a list as long as my arm of problems with our car but i'm not gonna rant on about it. Its a gorgeous car that keeps the kids entertained in the back!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm new here we recently like 2 weeks ago brought a Lexus IS220d, very classy n nice i must admit but one thing troubled me that we only recieved one key. I want to get another key/fob but Lexus dealers are quoting £350. Is there any place other than dealers that i could get a fob from and get the dealer to code it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi,

I'm new here we recently like 2 weeks ago brought a Lexus IS220d, very classy n nice i must admit but one thing troubled me that we only recieved one key. I want to get another key/fob but Lexus dealers are quoting £350. Is there any place other than dealers that i could get a fob from and get the dealer to code it?

Hello

Did you purchase your 220d from a Lexus dealer? If so you should have at least two keys/remotes. It says so on the Lexus website. Go to http://www.lexus.co.uk/used-cars/key-features.aspx and look in the "Vehicle Preparation and Valeting" section and the "outside" sub-section, top line. The dealer should have known about that, when I part exed my IS200 last year one of the first questions I was asked was "how many keys have you got?"

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

Hello

Did you purchase your 220d from a Lexus dealer? If so you should have at least two keys/remotes. It says so on the Lexus website. Go to http://www.lexus.co.uk/used-cars/key-features.aspx and look in the "Vehicle Preparation and Valeting" section and the "outside" sub-section, top line. The dealer should have known about that, when I part exed my IS200 last year one of the first questions I was asked was "how many keys have you got?"

Good luck!

Hi no the car was not brought from the official Lexus dealer the guy we brought it from said he had lost the second key and would try to find it but he never did find it so potentially there is a key out there that can still open the car which is troubling as you can imagine. I'm just trying to find the fob online. As lexus said they would code it and even a lexus employee told me as we walked out that "don't buy it from here you can find it on eBay and we would code it" so was hoping someone might know where i may find a fob from? Please again for any help i would be truely grateful.

P.S i found loads of US Spec fob but its virtually impossible to find a UK spec fob

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links