Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

For The Record

Due to lengthy ISP issues, I was unable to respond in the following thread......http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=50107

Without getting into a war of words, I'm happy to stand up and be counted.

i know that some of you out there are interested in the product called auto balm recently introduced to this forum by pjs.pjs has been singing the praises.below are a few claims by pjs taken from his posts on this site .

it would seem it will remove a bit of the paint

it has an element of chemical polish about it

i'd say its a bit of an all in one

when you visit bilthamber's website they state that auto balm is not a paint polish and there is no mention of any elements of chemical polish or paint cleaning properties at all.the manufacturer states that auto balm will hide swirl marks,seal paint and add gloss.

he talks a plenty about product hype and bs and then delivers his own brand,what a smell.

spin spin spin.

thats all folks.

I know for a fact that between 2 users of the Auto Balm, on single stage paint, that the applicator pad as ended up the same colour as the paint to which it is being applied to - this is not the case (obviously) when used on clearcoated paintwork.

Therefore, it is removing a sliver of paint, which is something only a chemical polish will do.

Until recently, Bilt Hamber were unaware of this - which suggests none of their Classic car users have single stage paint, fed back this info, or that the company owner/chief chemist used/tested it on anything other than a clearcoated car.

It doesn't mean the product doesn't do it, just because it's not mentioned on their website!

Maybe the use of "all in one" is a bit stretched - not intentional - since it doesn't actually remove swirls, due to having no abrasive element, but then Klasse AIO, to my knowledge doesn't either, and it was this that I was referring to rather than AG SRP.

Has he got shares in it or does his mother/brother/uncle etc work for them or own the company

or offer free samples to get it posted up on a forum ?

Such tactics are used regularly to advertise on forums without paying a premium to do so.

I am not stating that tactic is being used in this case as I have no evidence of such

but purely pointing out that such practices do go on.

Fair point, although it could be construed you're hiding behind a pretence of conjecture, but I'll take you at your (bolded) word.

I have no affiliation with the company whatsoever, except being a strong and vocal proponent of their products because I think they're fanbloodytastic.

If that gets me slated as having an agenda, in the pockets of, or whatever, then fine - I can live with that.

For what it's worth, I'll explain how things are with Bilt Hamber and I.......

It started for me back in August last year when I somehow came across the Auto Clay being the only one of its type designed for water use primarily.

Prior to joining here, I was mainly only a couple of Honda forums, and asked BH if I could acquire a bar to "review" for those forums.

The transformation it made to my car was jawdropping, and got me more interested in what else BH had to offer.

A month or so later, the Balm & newly launched Wash arrived, and I was again knocked for 6 at their respective performances.

After joining here, the number of mentions BH got using the search showed some had heard of it or even tried it, but no-one seemed to actively endorse or recommend it.

Being as how impressed I was with the brand, plus the various conversations Pete, Al and I had, about the brand and its ethos, etc - that is what inspired me to approach Pete & Al about doing the Wash sample at Xmas time.

Through that, more of you have had an opportunity to read other members' impressions, not just my constant recommending, and are realising the reasons why I've been championing it.

I've also put two local detailers onto the brand, both members here, one of which is using it regularly, and plans on doing more with it. The other is equally interested after throwing a drop of Balm on the Red XK he's doing, as well as his new used plain black A4.

I've also been showing it to a number of local dealerships, with more appointments planned this and next week.

So, I may wind up getting involved on a local level - I don't know. I'm happy for now just spreading the word, and getting others try a relative unknown brand. From there, we'll see where it goes.

I bought and paid full price for another Auto clay at the time, and my reward for going and getting the sample bottles, sending them off, etc was the remainder of the 5L container sent to me - which after 70 bottles were done by eye (60 ml probably) left me with 800ml, give or take.

Thread in full - http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/show...8932&page=2

So, there you are, and now you know the full ins and outs of why I talk about BH in the way that I do.

I'm not, nor have ever said BH are the only decent products out there, but for me they are the benchmark setters, and I will have other one to try/test soon, which other members on DW talk about fondly. So, if they outperform BH, I've no reservations in saying so - BH do not own my opinions, irrespective of being one of a small group of new product testers.

I guess THAT is my true reward for being so vocal, and putting them on the detailing map over the past 6 months through constantly suggesting others give their products a try.

Hopefully now we can continue without aspersions being cast, enjoying whichever product gives the pleasing end results we're looking for.

Thank you.

before this gets closed, thought i'd share an idea with everyone........

this forum is a wealth of knowledge, both mechanically car related and in other ways. Everyone has their own viewpoiint and sometimes we have to agree to differ in our opinions.

Both of you guys are clued up on ur detailing, there's no doubting that. so a professional approach would be best. I'm slowly but surely increasing my knowledge and awareness in and around the detailing world and hope to help other members in any way i can.

Lets try not to cause any rifts fellas

Cheers

Rob :D :D

I think PJ has put his valid points across now :)

Input wether positive or negative against a product as Rob says is always helpful, and I hope PJ continues to offer his obviously knowlegeable views in this and any other field

Thread now closed

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links