Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Alarm Questions?

Hi, during the night my back screen was bricked through on my IS200 by some idiots... I was a bit concerned as my cousinn who heard the screen crack/shatter didnt hear the alarm go off?

Also when I have on the rare occasion tried to open the doors with the key fob (original) the alarm has gone off? Is this normal?

Just concerned that is something wrong with the alarm if it doesnt go off when a brick lands on your back screen? Any advice would be most helpful.

Think it depends on what year your lex is mate as some of the newer models have internal motion sensors and mine being an older 2000 model hasn't? its normally fitted into the front light fitting above the mirror if i remember right? Maybe look into an aftermarket alarm system as thats what i'm doing at the moment? :)

Sorry to hear of yours getting bricked though there are some right idiots about nowadays and nothing seems to be safe :o

Most OE alarms only run an ultrasonic sensor, sensing movement only. Meaning unless the brick penertrated the screen and pass within the detecttion range of sensors AND the brick was big enough then the alarm sensors will not have picked it up.

Aftermarket alarms utilise several more ways of detection, including microwave, tilt and glass break sensors. The later is about the only one that can detect a glass break as its sound based.

So in all likely hood theres nothing wrong with your standard alarm.

Sorry to hear of your back window. You must be gutted.

Best way to check is just sit in it and lock with the remote. When the LED starts flashing on the dash, the timed period has finished.

Then just move around and see if it triggers.

thanks guys for your advice, much appreciated. the brick didnt pass through the window and think most of the glass just shattered, very few bits actually went into the car, its a 2002 model, just had the insurance guy out from autoglass to replace it with a new one, apparently he was saying the back screen costs £600-700 for an original, is that correct or was he hyping the price up? been talking to some of the locals quite a few cars got done in randomnly, more prestige models, as we are only a few miles from the city stadium fingers have been pointing at rangers fans!

Think it depends on what year your lex is mate as some of the newer models have internal motion sensors and mine being an older 2000 model hasn't? its normally fitted into the front light fitting above the mirror if i remember right? Maybe look into an aftermarket alarm system as thats what i'm doing at the moment? :)

Sorry to hear of yours getting bricked though there are some right idiots about nowadays and nothing seems to be safe :o

your car will have a sensor mate - its built into the dome light area, it uses a microwave system i believe

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links