Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Handbrake Light Stays On ?

lexus2000

can anyone help me my handbrake light wont go out firstly a brake light bulb was gone i replaced it but when it start the car and press the brake the light comes on so i dont think its the switch and the brake fluid level is ok its doing my head in as the car is due for mot :tomato:

can anyone help me my handbrake light wont go out firstly a brake light bulb was gone i replaced it but when it start the car and press the brake the light comes on so i dont think its the switch and the brake fluid level is ok its doing my head in as the car is due for mot :tomato:

Have you checked the high level brake light matey as if the bulbs gone in that it will light the warning light on the dash? :unsure:

Have you checked the high level brake light matey as if the bulbs gone in that it will light the warning light on the dash? :unsure:

yeah the high level brake light bulb was gone i changed it and the light goes of but when i press on the brakes it comes on by the way my lexus is the same colour as yours but yours looks better like the pics what make are the wheels and what size are they

yeah the high level brake light bulb was gone i changed it and the light goes of but when i press on the brakes it comes on by the way my lexus is the same colour as yours but yours looks better like the pics what make are the wheels and what size are they

Still think its one of the bulbs matey? if it was me i'd go through all the rear bulbs 1 by 1 and just do a check as i'm not sure what else it could be apart from the switch under the handbrake itself? :unsure:

You'll have to get some pic's up of your car matey so i can have a look :D The wheels on mine are 17" Allesio sports, brought them brand new with tyres for £599 2 years ago which i thought was a good buy at the time but wish i'd gone for the 18" now :)

Still think its one of the bulbs matey? if it was me i'd go through all the rear bulbs 1 by 1 and just do a check as i'm not sure what else it could be apart from the switch under the handbrake itself? :unsure:

You'll have to get some pic's up of your car matey so i can have a look :D The wheels on mine are 17" Allesio sports, brought them brand new with tyres for £599 2 years ago which i thought was a good buy at the time but wish i'd gone for the 18" now :)

cheers lads sorted now the prob was i changed it and put in a 12volt 5watt thinking it would do till i got a 12volt 21watt that came out of it but it wouldt work till i put the proper one in think i will submit one of those workshop tips just incase someone else does the same!!!!! will have to get a few tips of my is200 now that its summer but mate its nowhere near as nice as yours its standred but im looking to put a set of wheels on and i think your rite 18s would be the businness

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links