Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cleaned The Is And Alloy Refurb

well i spent most of saturday working on the out side of the car washed the car twice to ensure all the dirt was off, then dryed it good old shammy, then waxed it with autoglm SRP lovely and shiny now will get a few pics up later...

Now moved on to the alloys i know its frowned upon but i figured i dont have anything to loose if i screw up then ill pay to get the whole wheel refurbed propery, any how i preped the necesary damge with some wet and dry i then primered up the damage layer by layer till it was a tad higher than the standard alloy amount, left to set for a few hours

after 3 hours washing the other cars and waxing the sisters

Time to rub down the primer to a nice smooth finish, once this was done, i applied some alloy paint and its not a bad match, had to leave it to dry and set etc before moving on will see how things look in the morning when i will see if i have done a good job on the alloy

Dont shoot me just yet if its gone wrong ill put my hands up and say not try it but if it does work i will be really chufed with it

Are you refurbing the standard IS alloys? If so, how are you doing a patch repair when the face is diamond cut? Surely that'll stick out like crazy? :unsure:

Good on you for trying though, look forward to the pics........as above, if you've put in the right prep, it should come out fine :)

sorry i should have said it wasnt that side i was working on

well i had a closer look today in the sun and from a distance i didnt look to bad i applied the laquer and polished them but i was not happy with the finish, this suposidly alloy refurb kit for a lexus is a to darker finish will work on my other cars i recon but its a dark grey alloy look not light enough to do a match

looks like a trip to the alloy refurb shop is the way forward hmm how do i explain the fact its been sanded down all ready lol

Unless any one has a standard set only after 2 lol without tyres

Nice looking car mate :)

But yeah, you can't patch repair those alloys because of the diamond cut to the edge........should only cost £40-50 to get them refurbed though.........

yeah thats what i was thinking of doing but it was a nice day i had the kit from when i got the car so thought whats the harm in giving it a go, it can only go 2 ways lol and there is no harm in trying and now any one reading this knows not to try it

lexus quoted me 75 +vat per wheel which i dony think i will be paying admitidly i only have 2 wheels that have issues but still its daylight robbery and they dont offer a discount if u do more than 1

where does every one else go to have them done baring in mind its diamond cut faced ?

yeah thats what i was thinking of doing but it was a nice day i had the kit from when i got the car so thought whats the harm in giving it a go, it can only go 2 ways lol and there is no harm in trying and now any one reading this knows not to try it

lexus quoted me 75 +vat per wheel which i dony think i will be paying admitidly i only have 2 wheels that have issues but still its daylight robbery and they dont offer a discount if u do more than 1

where does every one else go to have them done baring in mind its diamond cut faced ?

Yep you were right to have a go especially if you already had the kit....if they were standard silver alloys i think it would have worked as you've got quite a decent finish there :)

Can you get down to WIM? They'll be able to sort it and i'm sure it should only be about £50 per wheel.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links