Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, think its my first post in the second gen IS section. Anyway on with my point.....

I’m having muchos debate with myself as to what car to get next, if to leave Lexus or not?, im looking to change maybe end of October time or latest would be early in the new year.

Having had a snoop round my local dealer at the weekend, i was looking at the IS250 and IS200d and i do really like them, its the first time ive had a real close look at them, they had a nice red ISF in too....

If i decide to go the Lexus way again, my heart is saying IS250 and my head is saying the IS22d!, i would probabally be looking at the SE spec, or a standard with MM.

Ive been toying with the idea of getting a car on personal contract hire instead of buying the car like i did with my current IS. Im not really fussed either way about owning my car if you get me and like the idea that it would give me greater flexibility to change on a more regular basis, unlike if i was to buy one myself, in which case i would be looking at a second hand one and taking out a small finance package anyway. (im still not getting the point here! i will stop waffling)

So....(to the point) :blush: as i have no experience with personal contract hire, i was wondering is there any room for negotiations between myself and the dealer like there would be if i was buying the car, so that you can bring the monthly payments down? i'm not sure if there would be or not, with you only essentially hiring the car.

Im in the position to get a car now if i wanted, but being sensible i would rather get my summer vacations out of the way and bide my time rather than rush into anything and get something i really want and at the best deal possible, so any advice would be much appreciated.

yes there is movement, speak to eric in sales or chris hunsley, i got 3k of the price of a new one from sheffield and at the moment with the current climate there should be better deals around,

i pay £300 per month on a 3 year pcp on a is 220d

I purchased mine a IS220d SE MM Full Leather and Sunroof on a 55 plate with 18k on it for £17500

i got just over £3000 for My IS200 with 150k on clock x reg, so i was well impressed at paying £14500 for a car with

more toys than Toys R us

Ref the 250 vs 220d dont forget to take the road fund Licence in to account over the next 3 years

as £400 by 2010 vs £180.00 is a bit of a ouch

Also as you will read there is loads of debate over the Diesel version, but touch me head (wood) mine is fine

and i am well happy with getting 40ish to the gallon compared to my IS200 Alcoholic (loves the Petrol)

Regards

Matt

i would imagine as with everything you can negotiate with the finance package

Thats what i was hoping to hear, but wasnt sure!

yes there is movement, speak to eric in sales or chris hunsley, i got 3k of the price of a new one from sheffield and at the moment with the current climate there should be better deals around,

i pay £300 per month on a 3 year pcp on a is 220d

Cheers Simon, which variant of the IS220d do you have?

I purchased mine a IS220d SE MM Full Leather and Sunroof on a 55 plate with 18k on it for £17500

i got just over £3000 for My IS200 with 150k on clock x reg, so i was well impressed at paying £14500 for a car with

more toys than Toys R us

Ref the 250 vs 220d dont forget to take the road fund Licence in to account over the next 3 years

as £400 by 2010 vs £180.00 is a bit of a ouch

Also as you will read there is loads of debate over the Diesel version, but touch me head (wood) mine is fine

and i am well happy with getting 40ish to the gallon compared to my IS200 Alcoholic (loves the Petrol)

Regards

Matt

Seems like a good deal you got there Matt, all the works for the price of a Mondeo! For me the fuel consumption isnt really THAT much of a problem as i dont really do that many miles, but like you say the generally lower running costs of the diesel is appealing. im not neccessarily 'power hungry' either as i prerfer to 'waft' from A to B :lol:, so the diesel does seem the sensible choice.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links