Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sagged Drivers Door

anyone know how to fix this? my IS is on high miles and the drivers door lets a bit of wind noise through.

Try replacing the rubber around the door :D

Make sure the rubbers all clipped in place 1st, when I 1st got my Lex the rubber around the passenger door was unclipped in places and just needed pushing back on, if the rubber is all clipped on then like Gord says replace it ;)

Often the hinges are bolted to the body, and if you can get access to them, you open the door a little, place a jack under the door at the locking end (piece of wood etc to protect the paint etc), hold the door up with the jack, lossen the hinge nuts, jack up the door a little then tighten the hinge bolts.

The process is easy but often you've to remove the wing - or at least as much of the wing taht will allow you access. Mind you with the plastic wheel arch liners, maybe removal of one of these will give you access...

Good luck

thanks chaps, the door doesnt close flush, i can see when i shut the door and look in the mirror that uts not lining through. i think jack300 suggestion is correct, i have already tried to loosen the door hinges off, but they use a special type of bolt head that i have never seen before? i think possibly the hinges may need replacing

...long shot but it'll be the hinge pin that's worn.

From my experience these are hard to remove but, if you can remove it, replace it with the bottom one from the passenger door - assuming your passenger door has far less use on it than your drivers door... ie it won't be worn as much.

Good luck

jack

Is there any free play if you lift the door upwards? If there is it will be the hinge(s). If you dont know what you are doing you could encounter a whole world of trouble trying to line those things up. I know experienced Tech's who could rebuild a gearbox before lunch but ran like a girl when it came to bodywork.

had a good look at this at the weekend and its defiantely got some play in it, so must be the hinge pins, also thinking that the latch could do with moving up or replacing as its been bent down from the door opening unevenly.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links