Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hairline Scratches

I realized today that I have a few long hairline scratches on my door which I believe came from careless people at work who park in the bay carpark and then open their doors carelesly scratching up others cars. Also they get out all their bits and bobs from the car and squeeze through with jacket zip scratches.

Just wondering what's the best way to remove these scratches? I have a pack of regular G3 compound don't know how to use it.

The scratches can only be seen in sunlight

Any advice would be great

thanks

I realized today that I have a few long hairline scratches on my door which I believe came from careless people at work who park in the bay carpark and then open their doors carelesly scratching up others cars. Also they get out all their bits and bobs from the car and squeeze through with jacket zip scratches.

Just wondering what's the best way to remove these scratches? I have a pack of regular G3 compound don't know how to use it.

thanks

its best to start with a finer polish and use a more aggresive as the need requires.g3 is very aggresive and best left to the hands of experience.visit autopia for an in depth guide.

it depends on how deep they are a have one (fairly deep) on my fuel cap cover but i used auto glym super resin polish and it hid a lot of it still noticable but no where near as much also took out a fair few swirl marks,so on hairline scratches i'd try that

what type of finer polish is there? should i get t-cut scratch remover? i have t-cut colour restorer but that doesnt seem to work on scratches
a sample pack could be the way to go.menzerna do a pack and is available from clean your car,this will have course to fine polishes.

thanks

Hi, got some really good stuff from monza car care based in liverpool, the are a registered agent for zymol car care products in the uk. Staff very helpfull and a nice range of products to choose from all at a reasonable price, and they do mail order. The product that i purchased was really easy to use( no hard rubbing) and it got rid of fine scratches and reduced the appearance of swirlls on my rx300 bonnet. Hope you find them as helpfull as i did.

AG SRP by hand with a German applicator (yes, that's the name of it) will remove a good bit of swirling and light scratches.

It'll also knock the V notch out of deeper ones, making them more rounded, which will reduce their "sticking out like a sore thumb"ness.

If not that deep after, SRP itself or Autobalm will mask what's left with 2 layers applied 30-45 mins apart.

If you do get a machine polisher, SRP can be very effective with that too, albeit with dusting it's main issue.

Bit of light reading - http://www.civinfo.com/forum/cleaning-styl...-auto-balm.html

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/cleaning-styl...-wash-clay.html

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links