Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

How Do You Know?

Hi ya guys. I noticed today going over speed bumps at 10 - 30 mph there is a really bad queaking noise.... How can you tell if its your SHOCK ABSORBERS... BALL JOINTS or ANTI ROLL BAR BUSHES i hope you can help thanks :shifty::shifty:

You will need:

1. Ramps to drive the car on to.

2. Pair of goggles

3. Torch

4. Can of Spray Grease

5. A Fat Lad.

Drive the car up onto ramps, put on goggles and switch on torch. Get under car and get Fat Lad to sit on the offending corner contracting and releasing suspension to replicate the squeak. Find squeak and hit it with grease. If you cant find it then hit all the usual suspects with said grease. Could be anything so be paitent and dilligent! Try getting Fat Lad to push the suspension down along the door sills or the boot if you cannot replicate the sound. Paitence is the key.

mine creaks too, had the lower ball joints done and was told everythin else was fine, the creak reduced but was never completely gone, and its back like before now

Used to have this on my previous car - Nissan 300ZX. Turned out to be the seals in the shocks. Remedy was to lift the concertina rubber dust covers on the shock and spray the chrome bar with silicone spray - then do all of the rubber components under there too - any rubber bush you can find, front and back.

It's basically stuff drying out with age.

As I did all of this to my Lex when I bought it, it dosn't creak - I'd recommend you do it every 12 months.

Good luck

jack

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links