Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alloys

brucie239

Hi all,

Ive just discover blisters on my alloys, the wheels were new with the car, i've had the car for two years. Only notice them cos i decided to wash the car myself for the first time (I know bad isn't it). As i don't have much experience with wheels, can someone tell me is that normal,I thought they should all have a smooth finnish. Will i be able to change them with lexus under the warranty.

thanks

regards brucie

can you get some pictures up so we can have a look it sounds like corrosion 2 me maybe

[/quot

I try tomorrow, if is corrosion it would look like rust wouldn't it ? these are just like lumps as if it wasn't finnished very good, just worried that it might lead to corrosion.

regards brucie

Take the car back to the dealer and tell them you want the wheels changed under warranty. Don't let them fob you off with any reasons why they can't replace them.

Hi all,

Ive just discover blisters on my alloys, the wheels were new with the car, i've had the car for two years. Only notice them cos i decided to wash the car myself for the first time (I know bad isn't it). As i don't have much experience with wheels, can someone tell me is that normal,I thought they should all have a smooth finnish. Will i be able to change them with lexus under the warranty.

thanks

regards brucie

Its corrosion under the paint coat and is a common problem unfortunately carried over from the first generation IS's, so presumably Lexus are still using the same supplier.

I had the full set of IS200 wheels changed under warranty, although only a couple showed signs of corrosion, so expected the same now my IS250 wheels have the same problem. However, the dealer tells me they now change them out for new (apparently the IS200 wheels were refurbs), so were only changing wheels that have signs of corrosion (1 for 1).

As the warranty period on the wheels is 3 years it may be advisable to wait until nearer the expiry date as I also understand that Lexus are about to fix the problem. This being the case, the later you leave it the more likely you are to get the better product as a replacement.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links