Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Locked Out!

if you are going to smash a window, make sure its the the windscreen

a)because they will be "off the shelf" at most glass fitters, and will be fitted quickly

b)because it is the one bit of glass that takes the most battering, and you will benefit from a nice clear one

c)because its laminated and wont make a huge mess or be dangerous

Probably not a good idea leaving a note saying can't move the car because the keys are in the boot :o , all it takes is someone to smash the window pull the boot release and be away with your motor :whistling:

If it's dead locked then you won't be able to smash the quaterlight it'll have to be a window big enough for you to get through so you can get at the boot release.

Good luck with it matey ;)

You are quite right, but as it was parked outside a row of shops and I'd hoped to get into it before they closed (hahahaha) I thought it would be OK; plus I know the woman in the newsagent's and asked her to keep an eye on it for me. Yep, ever hopeful, I know ...

However, very, very luckily someone did manage to open it for me at 10.30 last night! So I am mobile again, thank 'you know who'!

One thing though; because my Lex had stood for 24 hours plus, the Battery had gone very flat, so the guy had to start me up too!!!! Don't know why this should have happened, i've been away on holiday before now and left it over a week and it's been fine - a puzzle!

the ski hatch :duh: (why call it that)

They call it that as you can put your skis through it. I thought that was a little obvious!

But we all know it's not for skis, it's for bass, eh Wozza!

DSC00923.jpg

Good news....now go and get a blank key and reprogramme it (i think you can do that) for a spare...just in case. :D

Very very good idea. Having only one key for any car is an accident waiting to happen! £40 max for a new key.

Key guide here.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links