Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fiat Stilo

Rikos

Fiat Stilo on autotrader

Hello all,

I was just wondering if the Fiat Stilo was any good??

I have been looking at allsorts recently and this cropped up, 3 door 1.9 JTD.

I know Fiats used to be very unreliable is this still the same? If anyone has ever had one or still does but good to hear your opinions?

Thank you,

Rik

FIAT= Fix It Again Tomorrow.

I wouldn't consider buying a FIAT if I was you, you'll be spending lots of money (and time) with grease monkeys. Read up on owner reviews for FIAT's. Why not go for a Focus or Astra (boring I know), but when they go wrong they are cheap to repair. Or consider a Honda Civic, at least you'll have Jap reliability.

from what i;ve read, i think the 1.9 JTD is a great engine. alfa even borrowed it for their diesels! search "Fiat Stilo 1.9 review" in google. it comes up with professional review as well as customer ones!

i quickly just checked parkers reviews, the 1.9 JTD came in 4 varients, 80bhp, 115bhp, 120bhp and 150bhp. go for the 150bhp if you can afford one. it only came in 3 door. beware the 150bhp sporting was only produced from july 06 to dec 06, just because it has sporting badge doesnt mean its the 150 bhp engine! the log book wont state what bhp it has either.

I'm not too bothered about the speed at the minute, just looking for economy and cheaper to run, think the the one at the bottom on autotrader looks ok (not overly keen on the wheels).

2003 plate with 49000 miles for £3500, didnt think that was too bad.

These cars are great value for money.Well equipped-Fifty m.p.g-Group five insurance 120 pounds a year road tax and go really well. I would agree not japanese build quality though.They do need a good service history-cambelt changes etc.

the japanese dont really make good diesels, that was my only problem, honda accord/civic was the only option. ended up with a vag(vw audi group) seat leon. goes like stink in traffic and motorway. insurance is half what i paid on the gs300 and £120 tax is a bonus!

rumours of a high revving diesel by honda.... that would be something!

They're ok in my opinion although I wouldn't buy one - you can get better cars for the money. Having said that they've got nice engines in them but bumps intrude and they're not as sophisticated as more modern cars. Now the new Bravo, that's nice.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links