Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Next Service

GWilso

OK,

so I'm feeling the credit crunch/pinch as much as the next guy with everything motor related soaring I'm watching the pennies....

My 220 is up for the 70K intermediate service £285 with Lexus I'm sorry but is it me or is that a little on the steep side? I phoned my local Toyota center and they quoted £200 I'm sure if I phoned a local back street garage it would be even cheaper still OK i know that won't happen but.....

I'm not too keen on straying from the 6 Lexus stamps I have in the book already and Lexus have told me that Toyota service will not be using the same equipment or parts as they themselves would use.... is this true? does it really matter? do you think having my remaining service stamps done by Toyota will really effect the resale value?

Any input appreciated

Lexus have told me that Toyota service will not be using the same equipment or parts as they themselves would use.... is this true?
Here in Derby, you drop your Lexus off at the Lexus dealer and they immediately move it next door to the Toyota dealer with whom they share a workshop. So, ask yourself whether the parts Toyota would use are really any different? I suspect not.

My Lexus was Lexus service history up to 70K.

After that I have used an independant garage. The rerason being a main Lexus dealer will not give you the best trade in because they don't want "OLD or high mileage" cars on thier forecourt. They will just send them off to the BLOCK (AUCTION)

If you are selling your car on privately, so long as you have fully documented service history then you will not have a problem and the price in the GLASS'S guide will reflect it. Lexus history or not.

I would never buy a car that had NO dealer history but there comes a point when mileage is over and above the cars age that "service" history is as good as "Dealer Service" history providing that it can be verified. I am quite willing to let a potential buyer take my car to the independent garage to check them out. Money is tight all round and if people think that they "MUST" get a Lexus serviced at a Lexus dealership then that could also put a potential buyer off knowing the robbery scale of servicing at dealerships.

For example.

Lexus Stockport are also the people who sell Mazda.They have the franchise for both. The service garage is where Lexus and Mazda models are serviced.

They have one set of mechanics who work on both makes.

I take in a Mazda for 20K service 2 hours labour + parts...Serviced by "Joe"

I take in a Lexus for 20K service 2 hours labour + parts....Serviced by "Joe" Difference about eighty quid on labour charges! Why? 'Cos it's a Lexus!!

Merc.BMW.Audi they are all the same.

But it's your car and your choice but I know for a fact that when I sell my car I will price it and it will sell with FULL service history and whether that is Lexus in the most part it will not affect the value. Do you think that spending an extra grand on servicing at Lexus will get you that grand back on resale? No chance.

Just my opinion

Fantastic response :winky: puts it into perspective thanks,

Toyota it will be then I'm not sure I can warrant the extra £85 and as you say x that buy 10-12 will I really get that money back on a resale I guess not

Cheers

My Lexus was Lexus service history up to 70K.

After that I have used an independant garage. The rerason being a main Lexus dealer will not give you the best trade in because they don't want "OLD or high mileage" cars on thier forecourt. They will just send them off to the BLOCK (AUCTION)

If you are selling your car on privately, so long as you have fully documented service history then you will not have a problem and the price in the GLASS'S guide will reflect it. Lexus history or not.

I would never buy a car that had NO dealer history but there comes a point when mileage is over and above the cars age that "service" history is as good as "Dealer Service" history providing that it can be verified. I am quite willing to let a potential buyer take my car to the independent garage to check them out. Money is tight all round and if people think that they "MUST" get a Lexus serviced at a Lexus dealership then that could also put a potential buyer off knowing the robbery scale of servicing at dealerships.

For example.

Lexus Stockport are also the people who sell Mazda.They have the franchise for both. The service garage is where Lexus and Mazda models are serviced.

They have one set of mechanics who work on both makes.

I take in a Mazda for 20K service 2 hours labour + parts...Serviced by "Joe"

I take in a Lexus for 20K service 2 hours labour + parts....Serviced by "Joe" Difference about eighty quid on labour charges! Why? 'Cos it's a Lexus!!

Merc.BMW.Audi they are all the same.

But it's your car and your choice but I know for a fact that when I sell my car I will price it and it will sell with FULL service history and whether that is Lexus in the most part it will not affect the value. Do you think that spending an extra grand on servicing at Lexus will get you that grand back on resale? No chance.

Just my opinion

As far as I was aware, if you buy an oil filter from Lexus it has a Toyota badge on it. I also believe it is the same for air filters, serpentine and camshaft belts etc. If money is tight, then Toyota is the place to go. Isn't the same engine from the 220d in the Avensis and Auris anyway? I must also add that when I look at changing to another Lexus in a few years time, I will only buy it as long as it has a full Lexus service history. That makes me feel better.

I remember reading on here once that someone phoned Lexus and asked for a price of a oil filter. They were given the price and part number.

They then phoned Toyota (same guy answered the phone) and asked for the price again by quoting the part number.

The Toyota price was a third cheaper, when the guy asked why there was a price difference, the reply was 'its for a Lexus'

Same with the Labour rates, Toyota are cheaper even tho the same mechanics in the same workshop are used.

A rip off!!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links