Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has anyone thought about why the USA get a GS350 with 303bhp and 0-60 in 5.7sec and we only get the GS300 with only 245bhp and 0-60 in 7.2sec? Seems that we are missing out there.

In fact the GS350 has more power than the GS430 (294bhp). With that power and the lighter engine it would be a better handling car than the GS430. :whistling:

Has anyone thought about modding their engine?

the car makers (lexus and toyota) have to look at the market. usa dont have co2 based tax or stupidly high insurance groups like we get. so they can make a car suitable to the yanks (POWA!) where in the uk we are more hug the trees! :flowers: save the wildlife! stop harming our o-zone layer :innocent:

if we got the gs350, a) tax would be a female dog, b.) insurance will be skyhigh c) lexus would not be able to sell any!

each country has a specific audience to which car makers need to taylor their needs and make a suitable car

Has anyone thought about why the USA get a GS350 with 303bhp and 0-60 in 5.7sec and we only get the GS300 with only 245bhp and 0-60 in 7.2sec? Seems that we are missing out there.

In fact the GS350 has more power than the GS430 (294bhp). With that power and the lighter engine it would be a better handling car than the GS430. :whistling:

I am not 100% sure but I saw what is a Toyota Camry in the UK badged as a GS350 in the states and the toyota Landcruiser as a Lexus jeep.

Just compared a few figures...

They get a GS460 as do we.. however, OURS has more power.. 375bhp compared to their 342bhp..

but they claim 5.4s 0-60 and we only get 5.8s

It just doesn't add up.. thought it must be the weight.... so checked up, and theirs is 54kg HEAVIER than ours..

Then I saw a little disclaimer on theirs...

"Performance figures are for comparison only and were obtained with prototype vehicles by professional drivers using special safety equipment and procedures. Do not attempt."

Says it all really...

Oh, and the 350 comes in 2 flavours.. 2WD and 4WD.... the 4WD is just a bit slower 0-60 by 0.1s but way down on top speed by 13mph (130) same disclaimers as well..

I think you can take the US figures with a pinch of salt..

The real complaint is the price.... £23,678 otr compared to our £50,605 otr

no way is shipping over from the states going to cost more than £26k

John

Hi,just want to add my 5p,yes the us get more power,but less speed.The uk cars are deturned for the :excl: smoke thing we have here,but the US have BIG BIG people,so they need all the power they can get :winky: ........ :lol: Yes u can get it stepped up to there HP,BUT would fail the smoke test on your mot.what's the point,UK cars are faster,and handle better :lol:

I'm not sure why there's a delay, but I'm sure the GS350 will filter through eventually. They replaced the RX300 with the RX350, they replaced the GS430 with the GS460, so I've no doubt the GS350 will follow but they must have their reasons for holding out on upgrading the engine.

I believe the reasons behind not bringing out the IS350 here is the same - I don't think comparisons with the IS300 are fair though, that was a different car, and different times........larger engined vehicles are now more popular than they used to be, just look at how many small high power cars you see on the road now like 330s and 335s.......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links