Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie Here, Interested In Buying A Gs300 Sport

Leo

Good evening all,

Hi my name is Lee and i am currently selling my existing car, to hopefully purchase a MK1 Lexus GS300 Sport. I would be grateful for any info that will help me in getting a good'un. I will be hoping to spend roughly £1000 to £1500 for one, does this sound about right?

Your help & advice is much appreciated

Lee

Welcome to LOC :)

You might get one for the upper end of your price range, they seemed to be creeping up in price (for the sport) over recent months but petrol prices may well have put the brakes on that slightly. There seemt o be plenty of non sports go for less, but the sport does command a higher tag in most cases.

One of the most common problem that seems to aflict them (GS and IS's) is sticky brakes. Usually caused by the pistons sticking in the calipers. Check the wheel temp after going for a brisk test drive and see if any of the wheels feel warmer than the rest, as it could indicate this problem. Not difficult to fix, regrease or replacement caliper (around £75 plus surcharges) so not too bad a price.

The rear crank oil seal went on mine (common prob with this engine in Lexus and Toyota cars apparently) and the repair costs can vary hugely so check for unexplained oil leaks coming from the engine/gearbox join area. Highest quote was £940 from Lexus, got it done in the end by a local place for £311 all in including a new torque convertor seal.

Other than that, if you get the 10" wide rears, be aware of the tyre costs, not cheap. Speedo needles can be costly if they are not lighting up (it isn't just a bulb) so check they light properly. Full service history was not a concern for me due to the mileage I am covering, so I do the servicing myself anyway.

I had one. It was a great motor. I loved it.

Mine was pearlescent white with a silver bumpers and skirting.

It had bluey-grey leather - it was beautiful.

Need help looking for a good one ? It's a Lexus mate.

i bet this will sound stupid, but could someone tell me what differences are with the GS300 Normal & the GS300 Sport models?? I take it its probably uprated suspension, bigger alloys?

Yup, you summed it up pretty much.

18" TTE alloys (10" wide rears as optional extra)

25mm lowered all round

Boot spoiler

Mesh, colour coded front grill

Sport logo in rear quarter windows

Sport logo on front bumper

I think that's it. As a bit of extra info, the "Sport" model was never actually a factory option, standard GS's were modified by the dealers when they hit British shores.

Found a few pictures of what i want..(sorry if this car is someones on here).

You mean in that colour with the 8.5" wide alloys all round (rather than the fatter 10" wheels on the rear)? or just the fact the pic is of a Sport?

You mean in that colour with the 8.5" wide alloys all round (rather than the fatter 10" wheels on the rear)? or just the fact the pic is of a Sport?

Not in that particular colour, but on the same lines if you know what i mean. I have decided that i want a Sport model.

Not in that particular colour, but on the same lines if you know what i mean. I have decided that i want a Sport model.

Yup, I know what you mean, I love my Sport but wouldn't have bought one without the 10" rears, they make a massive difference IMO to the stance and "presense" of the car. More expensive tyres of course but well worth it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links