Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus have finally fixed the integration so it shows playlist names and tracks but I think it's rubbish.

Firstly you can't see the list of playlists so you can scroll through them. You have to select disk 1-6 then page up to the next set of disk 1-6 and so on.

Thwn when you find the playlist you want you can't display the tracks when on the move - useless.

Worse is when you turn ignition off and on again it displays the last playlist as LAST SELECTED and basically you are back to the beginning of the playlists.

Basically if you have more than a few playlists it's a waste of time as it would take ages to select a playlist high in a big list.

It's a poor effort from Lexus and they can't blame the screen or the iPod - I'm sure they can do better than this.

I bought a Vaistech SL2Vi from the States and I'm having Lexus Woodford fit it for me in August as well as having my MOT done. Lexus say they don't do anything for the LS430 in terms of iPod connection. This unit is plug and play. I will put some pics up once fitted. I have to put my songs into play lists though but I think it is a small price to pay to not use the tape adapter any more. It will also play video from the iPod to the touch screen so long as the gear selector is in park and the handbrake is on. Vaistech also do connections for the new IS series so it might be worth having a look if your not happy with the Lexus one. I wonder what unit that Lexus use to do this.

I bought a Vaistech SL2Vi from the States and I'm having Lexus Woodford fit it for me in August as well as having my MOT done. Lexus say they don't do anything for the LS430 in terms of iPod connection. This unit is plug and play. I will put some pics up once fitted. I have to put my songs into play lists though but I think it is a small price to pay to not use the tape adapter any more. It will also play video from the iPod to the touch screen so long as the gear selector is in park and the handbrake is on. Vaistech also do connections for the new IS series so it might be worth having a look if your not happy with the Lexus one. I wonder what unit that Lexus use to do this.

Lexus use the Lexuscareless system.

• 2 months later...
Lexus have finally fixed the integration so it shows playlist names and tracks but I think it's rubbish. It's a poor effort from Lexus and they can't blame the screen or the iPod - I'm sure they can do better than this.

Is there some sort of software update available to get this functionality? Like you, I think the update sounds half-hearted, but it's better than just getting numbers 1 to 6 on the screen and having to guess what on earth they mean.

I remember someone else posting about the Vaistech one and saying how much better it is than the Lexus one too - I think it's an actual integration instead of CD emulation which is what the Lexus kit does..........

Its better improvement on the Aux jack, but a bit costly

also you have to do what Tango said put your albums in to Playlist names, then just select them as CDs

or do what i did

Buy another IPOD

i got an IPOD Nano from My mate who was upgrading to a touch

so now i have a Touch with music for general listening. rather than it just sitting in the glove Box

and the Nano is in the Glove box with each Album as a playlist,

also no cover Art so saves bit of space, and i have over 30 CDs as playlists. :winky: Its great

Whilst I'm waiting for mine to be delivered next week, I take it that the ML system plays MP3 CDs, so you don't have to use an MP3 player via the aux? If so, does it come up with the playlists on screen and does this grey out on the move courtesy of the nanny stuff? Apologies if this has been asked before in the forum...(and apologies for sort of hijacking too!)

Its better improvement on the Aux Jack, but a bit costly

also you have to do what Tango said put your albums in to Playlist names, then just select them as CDs

or do what i did

Buy another IPOD

i got an IPOD Nano from My mate who was upgrading to a touch

so now i have a Touch with music for general listening. rather than it just sitting in the glove Box

and the Nano is in the Glove box with each Album as a playlist,

also no cover Art so saves bit of space, and i have over 30 CDs as playlists. :winky: Its great

Wot he said...

I just organised all my favourite artists into playlists containing all their albums. I flick through the displayed playlist names before going through the named tracks to get the one I want.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links