Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Guys - been car shopping (more to follow). Please be warned. The Glass's/CAP guide quote the same PEX values for a 220d SE with and without MM. It is an error in the valuation.

So if any of you are about to do as I'm doing then please get the garage to check the valuations and vrify that you are getting something for the MM. It add's approx £750 to value of the Standard SE/SEL/Sport, and £500 to base models (or so I was told).

Just to give you an idea of how little the IS is worth in it's 3rd year, I have had PEX values as low as £13500 for mine - 06 220d SE, Met paint, 20k, MM system, always garaged, paint treated, one owner and totally mint. It's already lost 50% of the value at worst case...best figure I've had is £16000, but of course it' all in the cost to change!!

It currently books at £14350 according to Glass's, then add £750 for MM, £250 for Met paint - so that is £15350...but like I say - cost to change is important!!

I think that value is about correct.

I have just paid £16995 for an 07 07 is220d base with 10K miles, met, SE 17" wheels. A friend of mine was a trader buying/selling for a large network at auction, rarely is any more money given for low mileage , its just a bonus, a factor is applied from glass's guide for every 1K miles over the average to a top level, after the mileage hits a certain level and it doesn't book then it is worth what someone will pay. He also said certain extra's are worth an increase in the P/X price i.e. A/C on mini's, TLC pack, metallic paint, sat nav etc but desirability will effect the pay back.

Given yours is low mileage and 3 years old you probably wouldn't find the price was that much different if it had 36K-40k miles on. To put your mind at rest I have just got a similar price for a 2 year old Merc C220cdi avant, sport pack with 25K miles, this will have been the same price as your car new, the Merc suffered because of the new model syndrome

...which is why I didn't buy a new car this time... ;-) - so much for Lexus holding their value better than most. The depreciation alone was £420odd per month....golly gosh! All that VAT etc, and from next year the first year Tax will also add to extra depreciation...

The point I'm making is that if anyone gets a PEX price, please make sure you're getting some payback for the MM/MLS.

I know what you mean; my 57 plate 220d with SE wheels and only 7k miles is on eBay at the moment and I have started a no reserve auction at just £15,995. I thought it was a reasonable price given today's financial climate. Everyone's the same I think.

Yep, used car prices are not good.

Was looking last night for replacement for wifes car and spotted a 07 07 Q7 3.0TDi SE, black, 11K miles at an Audi delear for £24450!!! thats £15K in just over a year

Go cycling each night and there is a pre reg 08 Corsa VXR on display at Vaux delear and it has dropped £200/day since it appeared on Saturday, down to £13450 now, sure they are £16K+ list

Out of interest, I got a px value recently vs a £35k jag XK... I was quoted £12k for my full spec 05 250se-l. :crybaby:

I think now is a really bad time to be changing cars unless you really need to.

Dealers don't want to know about px's as they need cashflow right now.

I've been lusting after another R32, and as one of the Lexus dealerships had an 08 for sale I decided to test the water. They offered 6 grand below my new purchase price in 4 months, similar deal with vw resulted in a further £500 drop, and the we will buy your car internet site was a whopping 10 grand below. At this rate the car will be worthless by the end of my first year of ownership. Incidentally the dealers aren't to keen to drop the prices of their stock as quickly. VW dealer comment on trying to beat them down was 'we cant drop the price any more as we'd be losing too much money, what about the poor old punter who keeps them in business then. Crazy times we live in.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links