Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hopfully Getting A Charger

Hi guys, ive had my Lexus IS200 SE since september and love it. Have been briefly looking into getting it supercharger as alot of you on here! (finally can get insured with one on the car)

I just came across a guy selling his charger and all the bits with it off his car.

He is selling,

TTE Supercharger (covered roughly 8k miles)

ECU extension (black box)

Kazama back box

De-cated manifold with modified heat shield

Denso spark plugs

Hks blow off valve

Blue silicon hoses

Clutch relocation kit

Intercooler and all Brackets (bits and bobs)

Full fitting instructions.

So i was wondering a few things before i buy the kit,

1, What to look out for in regards to problems with the compressor unit?

2, What sort of problems might i have with the ECU extension black box, as ive read some have gone wrong?

And what might be a good substitute or upgrade.

3, Will my car need to be re-mapped when the kit is fitted?

4, Is there anything worth buying / upgrading before i fit it on the car? (pulleys or belts ect??)

5, Instead of using the Clutch relocation kit which i believe you have to tap into a brake line to use and remove the clutch master cylinder due to the airbox, is it better to get an induction kit?

6, Anyone know any places local to the Essex area that will fit it? (im in colchester but will travel)

Or anyone willing to help me fit it as im not all that mechanically inclined? will pay ;)

Cheers for any help :D

Tom.

Yes why? Do you know somthing i dont lol?

Tom.

i inquired also,then got a insurance quote for it but found out it was cheaper to insure an aristo vertex which i was also interested in which was mental.

so im thinking about going for the big power aristo now

The cradle that hold the S/C is prone to breaking/snapping so make sure its nice and strong and no fractures on the welds.

Thankyou :) if anything is wrong im sure i'll get moey off ;) He e-maild me the full range of parts with numbers so i'll be having a good look at everything!

Not sure if it will be any good to any1 but its a TTE parts list will post up in a bit incase its any help to you guys??

Tom.

so Maz sold his kit then, he told me he was going to.

1, What to look out for in regards to problems with the compressor unit? Not really its a sealed unit, apparently theres a oil level on the back.

2, What sort of problems might i have with the ECU extension black box, as ive read some have gone wrong? they can go wrong but you'll know when (the car will run like ****) it can be replaced with a HKS FCD (standard type) or a Greddy BCC both available off ebay for about £80ish

3, Will my car need to be re-mapped when the kit is fitted? Nope thats what the Black box does

4, Is there anything worth buying / upgrading before i fit it on the car? (pulleys or belts ect??) Advisable to get your cam belt replaced if not already done and possibly the water pump, just a good service before hand.

5, Instead of using the Clutch relocation kit which i believe you have to tap into a brake line to use and remove the clutch master cylinder due to the airbox, is it better to get an induction kit? You can get an induction kit, but be warned it makes the whine of the charger VERY loud, personally i love my induction kit an wouldnt have it any other way

6, Anyone know any places local to the Essex area that will fit it? (im in colchester but will travel) I'm sure there may be a member on here that would take it on for a bit of cash. I'd help but i'm a bit far away

Or anyone willing to help me fit it as im not all that mechanically inclined? will pay ;)

The cradle that hold the S/C is prone to breaking/snapping so make sure its nice and strong and no fractures on the welds.

Not the whole cradle AFAIK just the little metal bar that goes to the fire wall from the Cradle, i never fitted mine and i've had no problems.

Hope all that helps

Stav

Thankyou :) if anything is wrong im sure i'll get moey off ;) He e-maild me the full range of parts with numbers so i'll be having a good look at everything!

Not sure if it will be any good to any1 but its a TTE parts list will post up in a bit incase its any help to you guys??

Tom.

I posted it up a while ago mate.

so Maz sold his kit then, he told me he was going to.

1, What to look out for in regards to problems with the compressor unit? Not really its a sealed unit, apparently theres a oil level on the back.

2, What sort of problems might i have with the ECU extension black box, as ive read some have gone wrong? they can go wrong but you'll know when (the car will run like ****) it can be replaced with a HKS FCD (standard type) or a Greddy BCC both available off ebay for about £80ish

3, Will my car need to be re-mapped when the kit is fitted? Nope thats what the Black box does

4, Is there anything worth buying / upgrading before i fit it on the car? (pulleys or belts ect??) Advisable to get your cam belt replaced if not already done and possibly the water pump, just a good service before hand.

5, Instead of using the Clutch relocation kit which i believe you have to tap into a brake line to use and remove the clutch master cylinder due to the airbox, is it better to get an induction kit? You can get an induction kit, but be warned it makes the whine of the charger VERY loud, personally i love my induction kit an wouldnt have it any other way

6, Anyone know any places local to the Essex area that will fit it? (im in colchester but will travel) I'm sure there may be a member on here that would take it on for a bit of cash. I'd help but i'm a bit far away

Not the whole cradle AFAIK just the little metal bar that goes to the fire wall from the Cradle, i never fitted mine and i've had no problems.

Hope all that helps

Stav

Cheers for all the info Stav deff a help, and makes me want a induction kit now you said it will sound louder :) love the sound of superchargers :D

Yeh is a shame you are so far away as i dont really want to book it in to anywhere near me as its just too expensive and im not sure on how good of a job they might do :( or how my car will be treated in the process!!

Tom.

Tom.

Cheers for all the info Stav deff a help, and makes me want a induction kit now you said it will sound louder :) love the sound of superchargers :D

Yeh is a shame you are so far away as i dont really want to book it in to anywhere near me as its just too expensive and im not sure on how good of a job they might do :( or how my car will be treated in the process!!

Tom.

Tom.

Why not do it yourself?

I've a set of instructions if you want to pm me your email address,

Theres quite a few members on here that have fitted theirs themselves. Me included.

It takes about 6hours give or take for the first one.

Stav

Well i got the kit and other bits today! :D really happy.

Maz had it all layed out ready for me to look at and check was all there and happy to say it was! Might have a go at fitting it myself, but am a bit concerned about the ECU in how to attach the blackbox and what bits i attach it to???

Do any of you have any wiring diagrams as the one i have is a bit unclear on where it attaches to?

Thanks Tom.

Cheers for the diagram Stav. By the middle plug do you meam the Green cable to the RPM?

Whats the best way to connect this to your ECU and do you have any pics?

Cheers

Tom.

There is no cable that goes to the rpm,

Theres 4 wires from the black box. One red for +12v, one black for Neg, and a green and yellow one that go between the inlet manifold pressure wire (ie you cut the wire and put the two to each end)

Make sure you get them the right way round as the drawing. And solder them as Rob says. They can be crimped but i wouldnt recommend it.

Basically all the chip does is adjust the figure coming from the inlet manifold to full the ecu into giving more fuel lower down and then stops it hitting the fuel cut at full boost.

Stav

• 2 weeks later...

Any luck yet mate?

It is not that hard to do yourself. If you don't feel confident doing the ECU bit, it will drive without it as long as you don't rag it! (keep revs below 4k to be safe.) Then any decent independant garage, or anyone with a little electrical knowledge and a soldering iron, would be able to do the ECU soldering from Stav's diagram (i can confirm it is correct, as checked mine against it when i was having probelms, turned out to be that my black box had died!). If they charge any more that £30 for doing that, then they are ripping you off!

The induction kit is truely monsterous! link, with photo With silent exhaust it just echos down the street a mile! (Well, i've been heard from half a mile away!) The only thing I've ever sound anything like it is a Charged Mustang! The A'Pexi filter is generally considered the best one for it too.

EDIT: Another induction thread, if you need any more info.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links