Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Car Stalling When I Press The Throttle

Steve_D

I will, as im only 15 mins down the road from Mersea Island! The closest show ive ever been to :D so if anyone need directions or help in or around colchester i can help :D:D:D

Just watch out for traffic police as there pretty hot on modified cars around here!

Tom.

I'm not gonna be ona stand or anything :( as i never kept up with owt was happening to do with LOC and JAE but will drive there both days as i can be fussed with camping and i live close :P

Will deff pay alot of attention to the LOC stand :D and hoping to have my charger kit on before!

Just hope my car doesnt get broken into like last year! wallet, mobile, satnav, CDholder! the bloody lot! and only went to see where my mate had parked! 5mins i was away from the car!!

Tom.

Thanks for the details Stav, just back from a wedding in Birmingham & came back to this :) the eBay seller sent me an e-mail saying that the part would have been 2-3 weeks from Japan & he would send a refund grrrrrrrrrr, bought another one online (not e-bay lol)

For now I removed the TTE black box, removed the supercharger belt & running it NA for a bit until i get the FCD :P

You can run with the supercharger without the TTE box, just don't go too high in the revs. I ran 1 month without it and never had any problem. That's what TTE told me to do as they did want to send me a new one.

Red Black box Wire: E2 16 Black Red

Black Wire E6 21 White Black

Cut wire: E5 9 Green Red

With the Green wire from the black box going to the ECU side, and Yellow wire to the other side.

Starting from the front of the car, the connectors are E2, E3, (E4 only on auto), E5, E6.

For the HKS FCD, the black and red wires are the same, but the Yellow wire going to the ECU side, and the White wire going to the car side. On Setting 10.

Stav

Stav, just getting around to this today :) regarding the red wire, is that supposed to go to E2 pin 8?, thats whats on the standard TTE ECU drawing.

Cheers,

Steve.

if the mechanical cable from the throttle body to the bypass is to tight(no slack) or tight to move it can put undue stress on the motor in the throttle body and throw a fault, maybe lubricate the cable sleeve and see if it is slack enough

Earlier on in this topic I mentioned a noise from the throttle body area, I managed to get a video of it can someone please help diagnose whether this noise is normal or not?, turn up your speakers & hopefully the you tube video works :)

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

You were 100% right Stav, moved the throttle about on another IS200 & it sounds just the same :) phew.

Car is running sweet now with the HKS FCD, found setting 9 to work better for some reason, 10 seemed a bit low in power.

Steve.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links