Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Keys And A None Working Car Alarm

Hello . This morning i tried to get into my car and it would not open using the keys.

The little light came on, on the key pad. but did nothing with the car.

So went to Halfords and got a new Battery ( CR1616) fitted it, yet still nothing happens.

I read the owners manual which said u could get car started with key and alarm would go off within 10secs.... which it did. ( i thought it migt be the cars Battery.

So im guessing i have a problem with my car keys. I have 3. 2 masters and a spare (without the boot open button)

What can i do? I can get car started, but alarm goes off, (i leave at 5.30am for work, im sure everyone will love me) So thats not the best thing to do.

Anyone help me out????

Cheers dude. that sounds like what is happening to me.

But the same as that other guy . i dont know of anyworks going on around my area. I lived here for 6months and never had any probs. until this mornng. car worked fine lst night.

Gonna go for a drive and see what happens .

If you could find out any more info that would be great .

Have you checked the fuses?

Does your interior light come on when you open the door? theres a fuse in the passenger side thats attached to both the interior light and the wireless receiver.

Stav

Okay just been for a drive.

Light does come on when u open the door. So guessing it not the fuse.

I drove to bluewater. about 5miles away. key fob still not worked there. (no lock/unlock) So guess it cant be radio wave interferance.

So im now really really lost!!!

Got any more ideas i can try??

Is it worth calling out the RAC/AA i forget which one im with

There is a chance that your car could of somehow "forgotten" your keys!

If it starts and drives, then the immobaliser is working correctly. It's is just the unlocking you are having trouble with.

Try this with one and see if it works.

To programme the door (and boot) opening of the remote:

Start with the driver's door open.

Insert a working Master Key (3 button) in to ignition, turn to on, then off and remove.

Lock, then unlock all the doors using the POWER LOCK button on the drivers door FIVE TIMES (lock unlock lock unlock lock unlock lock unlock lock unlock)

Close drivers door, then re-open.

Lock, then unlock anotheR FIVE TIMES, exactly as before.

Insert your new key into the ignition and turn to on, then off agAin and remove.

The door locks will then start operating.

While they are clicking away,hold down the lock button on the new key and press the unlock button on the key 5 times. Then release and press unlock button once.

The doors will lock and unlock once...and ure done!

It can be a tricky procedure, and if none of your keys work, it may not work! Seeing as it still "remembers" the keys for to disarm the immobaliser and allow it to start, this may still work. I don't suposse it would hurt to try!

There is a chance that your car could of somehow "forgotten" your keys!

If it starts and drives, then the immobaliser is working correctly. It's is just the unlocking you are having trouble with.

Try this with one and see if it works.

To programme the door (and boot) opening of the remote:

Start with the driver's door open.

Insert a working Master Key (3 button) in to ignition, turn to on, then off and remove.

Lock, then unlock all the doors using the POWER LOCK button on the drivers door FIVE TIMES (lock unlock lock unlock lock unlock lock unlock lock unlock)

Close drivers door, then re-open.

Lock, then unlock anotheR FIVE TIMES, exactly as before.

Insert your new key into the ignition and turn to on, then off agAin and remove.

The door locks will then start operating.

While they are clicking away,hold down the lock button on the new key and press the unlock button on the key 5 times. Then release and press unlock button once.

The doors will lock and unlock once...and ure done!

It can be a tricky procedure, and if none of your keys work, it may not work! Seeing as it still "remembers" the keys for to disarm the immobaliser and allow it to start, this may still work. I don't suposse it would hurt to try!

I tried to do what you said. but i must be doing something wrong. will try again tomorrow. Fianlly got car to look manule. so at least its safe.

I have 3 keys @ home. 2 are masters and one is a spare. (from reading on here, masters turn off sercuity light straight away, spare leaves it solid for a few secs??) so which of the 2 masters do i use to reset key fob? both start the car up. but both wont unlock/lock doors

Many thanks for all ya help today

84Stoney ,sparkystav and aztecbandit1

Just a quick update.

Drove to work with the car, and took 84Stoney's instructions with me, and got a guy i work with, to have a go at reprogramming the fob our self. and after 5 try's we got it right and worked perfect. managed to redo all 3 keys in a matter of mins.

Saved me a fair amount of money mate. nice one.

Like you said it can be tricky, but just gotta stay kool. I did find it helped about doing it with a mate.

Many thanks again

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links