Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Battery Problem?

Firus

Hi, I think I have a problem with the Battery but i want to make sure this is not something else. The other night I couldnt start my car. It looked like the Battery went dead. So I jump stared it from a friends car but when I started to drive after few minutes, the car died. I could start it again. Same thing. I did it twice, not moving the car for around 15 minutes but again it died on me. Now I am charging the Battery with a charger but I am afraid it might be somethong else. Please help.

Got a question myself on this subject. What Battery is suitable for the is200 as in terms of what i should look for in purchasing? My Battery is over 6 years old and not sure what Battery to get if i start having this problem myself? Also say i have 2 amps in the car running 500w sub and couple of 300watt speakers, would i need a slightly higher (watts?) Battery? Sorry for hijacking this thread.

@Firus: Sounds fecked. But charge it overnight and see if that helps. If not, new Battery time. Shouldn't be more than £50 (educated guess).

@VVProtocolVV: Someone please correct me if I am wrong, I don't think you will need a Battery with more watts, but more AmpHours (Ah). Not sure what the standard is, (around 60 maybe?). I changed my Celica (60Ah) for an 80Ah one, around £90, that thing seemed as if it would power the national grid! Will have to look into it myself as think I could do with one, once my stereo is finished, worn in and jacked up.

@Sparkystav: Did you go for a standard Battery, or something with a bit more kick?

Anyone got any reccommendations for an uprated Battery for VVProtocolVV, and for myself? I'm running 2000w mid amp and 3000w sub, drawing upto a maximum peak of 150+ amps.

Looks like an epidemic. I left my car parked outside my house the other day with the hazards on for about an hour and a half and the Battery died. Used a booster pack to start it. Then the next day, I left the boot open for a few hours wen I was doing my brakes and it was dead again. Looks like I need a new Battery.grrr, more money, Im sure my car hates me.lol.

Gazza

If the car is a dying whilst its running then its real possibility that the alternator is at fault. Usually, unless the Battery is PROPER F***ED then the car will run fine with a flat Battery as the alternator will supply enough power to run the car.

Symptons of a faulty Battery are more likely to be that the will car not wanti to start after leaving it off for a while (a while being dependent on how faulty the Battery is) and also things like headlights dimming when other electrical components are being used, such as seats and windows when the car is running.

If you are charging the Battery and you are finding its starting and running fine, then dying then this reinforces the faulty alternator scenario as the Battery is running the car for that time and the 'nator is not recharging it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links