Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tyres For Is300 Sport And That Wear Problem.......

Ian D

Went to change my front pads today, but got shock - that well known problem of uneven tyre wear but looked fine from normal angles, it was only when taking tyre off I saw wear down to canvas on inner edge :ohmy: :tsktsk: . Gosh, and shocked. Dr Bones here I come.

All 4 tyres have seen their best days and I'm tempted to change all 4. I've got Pirelli PZero Rosso (225/40/18) at the moment. They're fine, but before I get 4 new ones (£560 sob, sob) I thought I'd see if anyone has any advice on these or other tyres.

Most of the advertised tyres for this size are XL, but I presume I should avoid these (my ride is hard enough for my aging bones as it is).

I've seen Avon recommended on a site selling them (but they would, wouldn't they)

Anyone any advice?

Cheers,

Ian

Found Kwik-Fit doing great deal on replacement Pirelli PZeros, so have now got 4 new tyres.

Only problem is that they tell me discs now need replacing...........

And have booked into WIM for Sat - I'm all excited.

Cheers all,

Ian

Found Kwik-Fit doing great deal on replacement Pirelli PZeros, so have now got 4 new tyres.

Only problem is that they tell me discs now need replacing...........

And have booked into WIM for Sat - I'm all excited.

Cheers all,

Ian

I forgot to say we do tyres (ooops)... Don't be to worried about the disc's yet, KF have a habit of being, lets say "over keen" to exaggerate :whistling:

You mean you went into a KwikFit and they tried to tell you that you needed something you never went in for?

Surely not?

It's true, it's true i tells yah....

One customer with a blown headlight bulb was told the worn suspension is damaging the hot bulbs filament so a complete set of coils and oils was advised :whistling:

I always find it amazing that if my wife goes to one of these type of establishments with the child seats in the car to have her brake pads done that the discs (all 4 of them) and the shock absorbers all tend to need replacing at the same time.

It just astonishes me how precise parts are manufacturered nowadays so that they all fail/wear out at the same time - It just goes to show how modern technology helps us all and means we only have the inconvenience of visiting the garage once to get all the parts repaired.

Its also totally efficient from the garages point of view too - since all the failing parts happen to be in the same area and involve the removal of the same major parts.

Impressive !

Should add I'm no fool when it comes to parting with money and I'm pretty handy when it comes to understanding and working on cars. I always make sure that the people I'm using know full well that I know what I'm talking about, as I did today - it's been a long time since someone tried to take the mick.

Did once save a friend from a couple of grand's unnecessary work....on a car worth 2 grand. B*****ds.

I'd already had a look at the discs (I tried to change the pads at the weekend but the dealer had given me the wrong set) and I know they need doing soon. Their price wasn't all that bad for a garage, but is £200 more expensive than what I'll pay if I get cheap discs and do the work myself.

In Kwik-Fit's praise, they didn't push new pads and I know they have only a few 000 miles left on them.

I've started a new thread on upmarket discs (I believe that in general you get what you pay for) as any threads recently have been looking at the cheapest.

The price on the tyres was a good 25% less than anyone else I could find, and I looked wide, so I thought I'd go for it.

Love my car and don't want to put cheap rubbish on.

Cheers,

Ian

One customer with a blown headlight bulb was told the worn suspension is damaging the hot bulbs filament so a complete set of coils and oils was advised :whistling:

OMG that is sooo funny, please tell me they didn't buy anything from Krap-Fit ?

My reply was total imagination born from past experiences, not an actual example (sorry peeps)....... Oooops

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links