Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Alloy Wheels, What You Think?

Saraj

Hi,

New to the forum, and just bought a 99 T reg lexus is200 in Kensingon green. full lexus dealer history and with 108k miles, bought it for 2700, which in my opionion was no bad at all.

A quic question, all 5 alloys are a mess, with flaking and corrosion, which according to his forum is nothing new.

I know Lexus replaced alot under warranty, but with the car being almost 9 years old, I believe warranty is only 3 years on wheels?

I've looked at the lexus warrenty booklet and it does not state that at all init, and all it states is corrosion to the bodywork, which is covered for 13 years no matter who the owner is?

What do you think, is my chance of convincing that the wheels should be covered under this warranty? as in a way the wheels is part of the bodywork, or have I got no chance?

Thanks

Saj

What do you think, is my chance of convincing that the wheels should be covered under this warranty? as in a way the wheels is part of the bodywork, or have I got no chance?

Welcome to LOC btw. Warranty on the wheels is 3 years...so no chance unless they've been replaced and have corroded in the last three years, which sounds unlikely. Wheels aren't covered under the bodywork warranty which (if it's similar to other manufacturers like Audi) means corrosion to the point of perforation, not just surface corrosion.

Welcome to LOC btw. Warranty on the wheels is 3 years...so no chance unless they've been replaced and have corroded in the last three years, which sounds unlikely. Wheels aren't covered under the bodywork warranty which (if it's similar to other manufacturers like Audi) means corrosion to the point of perforation, not just surface corrosion.

thanks for the quick reply, all well worth a thought, what do you think is my best option, to get the set i own refurbed? i know there cost about 50 a piece, or a new set?

I only prefer the original lexus ones, so aftermarket, im not into, after i kitted my astra which turned out to be a mess.

Any advise welcomed

I'd sugest getting them refurbed or even buying a set from the E-Bay seller mentioned in this thread,

(the refurb wheels he is selling are my favourite Lexus OE wheels for the IS200 Item number: 360079765413)

thank you very much, ive seen those on someis200, and i agree that look top class. considering.......................

• 2 weeks later...

I took mine back under the 3 year warranty. But all I got was refurbs as replacements, I'm told.

I sprayed an extra layer of lacquer as soon as I got them home, but it doesn't seem to have helped much. They've corroded again.

I'm now considering Alcoa alluminium wheels which the manufacturer claims has no paint and doesn't corrode.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links