Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Excuse Me, What's The Price?

Although I dont own a Lexus of my own, its always interesting to compare the prices for the different editions around the world. (I know there are loads of different countries represented that are members here)

So;

how much does a Lex cost in you country? (Specify yr, edt, extras etc..)

This should be fun!

(I bet my country ((Norway))(((left of Sweden))) will turn out the most expensive one buy a Lex, or any car...this because of the fees and taxes are sooo high its crazy..)

Haz

Leexus

Smooth! Nice to know that the price you pay for a new Is200 is the same as a '01 model over here................ :angry: ;)

In Norway, an IS200 starts at 44,456 EURO ...

..and this is how our prime minister looks like, if you were wondering ... :hohoho:

C'mon all you others! Tell us how much you gave for your Lex, or would have to give for one at your Lexus dealer.

hazmatrazz

if you're in europe, you get the different model lineup don't you with the IS200 executive

i was lookin at that and it has wood trim but my lexus dealer is sayin that you can't get it over here

do they sell right hand drive cars over there if u ask for it? cos that would mean that the wood trim for right hand drive cars is available

Hi, I am from Singapore.

An IS200 Auto costs SGD135,000/- ..... about 67,000 Euros, or USD75,800.

A GS300 Auto costs SGD185,000/- ..... about 92,000 Euros, or USD104,000.

Above are all brand new car prices.

I guess for that kind of money, you can buy a Ferrari or Porsche elsewhere!

Bonjour,

Passed the channel the IS300 SportX in luxury package cost :

40290 Euros W/O DVD GPS & electrical sun-roof

add 2960 Euros for the GPS, or 4060 Euros for the GPS & sun-roof

44350 Euros

2 majors diff with the brit one (rest is similar), no full leather inside and no chromatic inside mirror.

@d'taleur

These are the Taiwan prices:

IS200 base model: NT$1320000 = US$37921 = EUR 35081

IS200 Luxury Package: NT$1350000 = US$38782 = EUR 35880

IS200 Sport Package (what most people get): NT$1399000 = US$40182 = EUR 37183

IS300: NT$1680000 = US$48260 = EUR 44659

For the others:

GS300: NT$2110000 = US$60612 = EUR 56092

SC430: NT$2980000 = US$85602 = EUR 79230

All automatic transmission, manual transmissions are not available in Taiwan.

-Ben

Astrid, check your money converter 1 USD = 1,0802 Euros

Vince,

The USD to Euro conversion can only be applied when comparing prices in Europe (or USA).

For the price of a car in Singapore Dollars, I converted that to USD and again, to Euros, using the SGD-USD and SGD-Euro forex conversion rates.

This week, the forex rates are as follows:

1USD=1.78SGD

1Euro=2.01SGD

If you tried dividing the Euro-SGD rate over the USD-SGD rate:

2.01 / 1.78 = 1.13.

Thus it will not be the same as a direct USD-Euro conversion, which would have been 1.08.

I guess, that's how forex dealers all over the world make their living! :)

Cheers!

Actually, the high cost of cars is Singapore is due to the high taxation and also the need to purchase a certificate of entitlement (COE) before you can buy a car. This is the govt's way of controlling the absolute number of cars on our roads. The COE has to be bidded and there are only a fixed number of COEs released a month (depending on the number of old cars being scrapped).

So for a car like a brand new BMW 320i, it would cost SGD 180,000.00. That would be about 89,552.00 Euros.

The open market value of the car is only about 24,000.00 Euros.

The COE (at today's going price) is another 15,000.00 Euros.

The balance 50,000-odd Euros is pure tax.

Astrid, I did it as you said but it's a bunch of difference applying directly to Euro :)

For those who're living in Euro land, with left hand drive, you can easily buy the Lexus for example in France or anywhre else & import it, saving a lot of money.

Regarding taxes in Asia, two months ago they increased it in Hong Kong too, something about 15% on car taxes, 25% on driving licence taxes.

Guess what the transport minister did 15 days before the increasement ?

He bought a flamish new Lexus, LOL.

Was a mess when the press discovered what he did, and now he's seeking for a new job.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links