Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wanted: Locking Wheel Nuts/key

I know this is in the wrong section but I cant post in there so mods please move accordingly.

When I bought my car it didnt come with the original lexus spare wheel nuts and locking key, just an empty box lol. This has left me with the problem that when car is fixed and on the road, if I have a puncture and dont have the locking nut key then I'll be a bit stuck so if anyones got a spare one or can tell me where to get one then that would be extremely helpful. If you have the full set of nuts and key then thats even better.

Are all IS200 locking keys the same btw?

Cheers

Rehan

All IS200's do not have the same locking key, there should be an identity number for the locking key in that box if you take that to Lexus they can get you another one

I'f you've got the box, and it's got the code on it, Lexus should be able to get you a new key. Not sure on price, but I had to do it on an old Renault and it cost £10 - I'd expect something similar.

Have you had a good look around the car for it though? It may be in the boot with the spare wheel or jack or something :)

I've got the box and have had a look, on the bottom of the box is a code and barcode so I'm guessing this is what I have to give to lexus for another key? the box is totally empty otherwise, no spare nuts or key. I've had a look around the car and not found anything but will have another look when I have a chance as going away for a week 2moro so will only be able to do further car stuff when I get back.

Good luck with getting the key.

If you can't get it, there are many ways of getting the bolts out - i know, i've tried them when I sheared the key (previous owner/garage must have put them in with massive air gun) on a BMW and the nuts were no longer sold...............special tools, welding, sockets, every tyre and car part dealer in SE England.........

In the end, i got a massively undersize socket and wellied it on with a club hammer then a sledgehammer; after all the aggro i'd had, hitting the car was immensely satisfying and when I got the socket on the bolt unwound with jaw-dropping ease (all those vibrations frightened it to death).

• 2 weeks later...
Good luck with getting the key.

If you can't get it, there are many ways of getting the bolts out - i know, i've tried them when I sheared the key (previous owner/garage must have put them in with massive air gun) on a BMW and the nuts were no longer sold...............special tools, welding, sockets, every tyre and car part dealer in SE England.........

In the end, i got a massively undersize socket and wellied it on with a club hammer then a sledgehammer; after all the aggro i'd had, hitting the car was immensely satisfying and when I got the socket on the bolt unwound with jaw-dropping ease (all those vibrations frightened it to death).

Hi mate,

I've been in touch with lexus manchester, bolton and stockport and all have said that they dont have the master keys for my style of locking nut as its the old style. I had a look round and have not got the card with the key number on it so have been told that a 17mm socket should be forced and I should be able to get them off. The type of nut thats on mine is a 3 peg version which has 3 holes in the nut and the key fits in these holes. Has anyone got this sort of key by any chance?

Hi mate,

I've been in touch with lexus manchester, bolton and stockport and all have said that they dont have the master keys for my style of locking nut as its the old style. I had a look round and have not got the card with the key number on it so have been told that a 17mm socket should be forced and I should be able to get them off. The type of nut thats on mine is a 3 peg version which has 3 holes in the nut and the key fits in these holes. Has anyone got this sort of key by any chance?

As replacements, I'd buy the McGuard locking nuts, they are much better than the Lexus ones.

Think those are the 'Trilock' type of nuts.

The pegs/holes vary in position so you'd need to get the right key for your set.

I've got a complete set kicking about if you'd like to buy those for a tenner plus something towards P+P.

Box / nuts / key / plastic thingy to get the nut covers off / piece of card with key no. etc on.

They were on my standard 17" IS200 wheels.

Any help ?

TG

Think those are the 'Trilock' type of nuts.

The pegs/holes vary in position so you'd need to get the right key for your set.

I've got a complete set kicking about if you'd like to buy those for a tenner plus something towards P+P.

Box / nuts / key / plastic thingy to get the nut covers off / piece of card with key no. etc on.

They were on my standard 17" IS200 wheels.

Any help ?

TG

Hi mate,

If you could keep them aside for me then that would be very helpful as in the event that I cant get the key and have to get the nuts forcefully removed then I'll need new ones so will defo then grab them off you. The main problem I'm having at the moment is the nuts tbh as before the car goes to the garage to get repaired I'll need either a key or proper nuts on it as they may have to remove the front wheels for repairs.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links