Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Luxlink

lizzy borden

Hi Chaz.

Cheers.

I'll be fitting the Luxlink myself. I'm a sparky and me and my mate have a small business making custom SS exhausts/manifolds etc. We also do turbos etc to order, mostly on soarers. (we both have a TT)

The Lux is £200 ish quid delivered from their website.

Gary

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the answers mate.

Let us all know how you get on with the install.

Im sure most Sc owners would like the luxlink but are put off by the install.

If yours goes ok you might get a few asking you to install theirs aswell (Me included)

Now lets see some pics and updates

Regards

Chaz.

• 2 weeks later...

If yours goes ok you might get a few asking you to install theirs aswell (Me included)

Regards

Chaz.

The Luxlink is fitted, but not working :crybaby:

The colours of the connections to pick up are different to that of the LHD models (which is what the instructions specify).

I've since obtained the schematics for the roof ECU and have found the problem. When i eventually get the car back from Autoglass (they've had it a week now :tsktsk: ) i'll correct the prob asap.

The install is not for the novice, but wasn't a problem to myself.

If anyone want's help or this doing for them, please let me know. :winky:

Hi Chaz.

The Luxlink can be fitted in around half a day or less. Mine came with the remote start option, which i decided not to fit as it involves 'losing' one of the keys inside the car. Anyone ordering with this option should be prepared to fork out for another spare key if you need 2 to hand. Otherwise i wouldn't bother.

I'll price fitting as soon as i'm sure of the operation of my own. (still not got it back).

He told me he ordered the parts last fri, but i walked in on him yesyerday just as he was ordering them from Toyota. W***er!.

I had mine fitted at www.carradioalarms.com in Sutton surrey. But they have closed down their branch and im not sure if they have relocated elsewhere although their website is still running.

It took him about 4 hours to install both roof and starter and he said he could probs do it next time in about 2 hours. You can try calling them im pretty sure it was mike or mick who did the install. Did a great job also wired up a Car PC for me on my BMW before. They specialize in Bentleys so your in safe hands.

When I bought my car I got two master keys and the valet key. The other key looks like a credit card ive only seen pictures of it on the net. It might be that you only get either a valet key or a credit card key depending what country your in. But yep you should get 1 valet type key.

Is it not shown in your car manual?

I guess you don't have the valet key. It's a little thin plastic key that only starts the car, does not open the boot, glove box, console etc but does disable the imobiliser. There's also another key that looks like a credit card.

I only got the 2 normal keys. I'll have to contact the 1st owner and see if she can find it.

It took me around 3hrs to fit the lux without the remote start, so a first shot of 4hrs would be about right, reducing over progressive installs.

I also don't have the plastic strip with the unique code for producing a replacement key. I'll have to contact Lexus and see if they can source this from records.

If i ever get the car back that is :tsktsk:

I'm still waiting for the car back. Lexus have been totally crap tbh. First they sent the wrong parts, then they sent 2 left hand instead of L & R, now it's gonna be tuesday before they get the correct ones. They then need painting and i need the car back for wed! NOT HAPPY :angry:

• 1 month later...

Luxlink finally finished. All done and working!

The problem was with the direct translation of the LHD/RHD wiring colours.

I obtained schematics of the roof ecu to cross reference the wiring and sorted it.

PM for more info, or contact jsx-94@blueyonder.co.uk

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Regards

Chaz.

The Luxlink is fitted, but not working :crybaby:

The colours of the connections to pick up are different to that of the LHD models (which is what the instructions specify).

I've since obtained the schematics for the roof ECU and have found the problem. When i eventually get the car back from Autoglass (they've had it a week now :tsktsk: ) i'll correct the prob asap.

The install is not for the novice, but wasn't a problem to myself.

If anyone want's help or this doing for them, please let me know. :winky:

I installed the Luxlink on my LHD SC 430 myself in 7 hours. I believe I also installed the remote roof cables, which I did not want.

The instructions do not separate the two instalation pathways. I spent some consioderable time connecting an almost inmpossible wire behind an inaccesible junction box - for nothing, it turned out.

I connected wrongly some of the 5 door wires, there are several "green wires", I conncected to a wrong one.

You have to test the current flow, as the instructions say, to ensure you have the correct green wire.

Just get a screwdriver circuit tester, earth it and press the window switches or door locks and see if the light goes on or not. Easy.

You have to re-connect the door window switch panel while the door panel is off to operate the circuits to test your wiring,

It is best not to use a soldering iron,: you only need the Lexus tool kit in the boot and snap conectors, which strip, connect and isolate all in one! Great!

Due to the several green wires, the roof opened as I locked the car or sometimes when I opened the door. I have now solved this.

Question: I dont know how to test the fifth door wire connection, the courtesy light switching connection. Can anyone tell me this please?

I have verified all the other four door connections a correct.

Question 2: I dont know how to use the remote to open / close the roof. Can anyone tell me?

Question 3: Can anyone tell me how to connect the Luxlink to the rear quarter lights and how to operate them?

Thanks!

Here it is. A bit grainy but i did it on my phone.

Basically you can set the roof closing and leave the car with the keys. When it's shut fully the engine shuts off.

Then you can remote open using the factory key.

I instsalled the Luxlink myself, but how do I use the remote to operate the roof?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links