Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Seriously Concerned Now

Saraj

Been having a few problems with my rear passenger brakes and wheel.

But today has really concerned me.

The problem, is as I am driving I can hear a scrapping noise in a rhythm style, not constant,

and when i brake i hear a clunk sound and then constant scrapping whilst applying the brakes.

At lunch went to Sainsburys to fill up which is 2 miles away from where I work, and by the time I got there the alloy wheel is full of brake dust, alot worse then what it was when I arrived at work. its basically gone black with dust.

Been talking to a fellow LOC member who advised that the noise whilst driving could be the backing plates,

But what could be the problem with the other noises, its look serious from the state the alloy wheel has got into after driving for 2 miles, and I got 30 miles to get home. luckly its my day off tomorrow.

Agree, noise could be due to a backing plate (try to bend the backing plate a little to see if the noise will disappear).

Clunk noise could be due to pads moving around (mine also does this sometimes, I wouldn't worry too much about this).

If one wheel is totally covered in brake dust and the other one isn't you may have a sticky caliper. Easiest way to check to a sticky caliper is to jack up one wheel at time and spin the wheel. If the wheel spins then the caliper is ok, if it doesn't then you have a sticky caliper. You can try to 'free' a sticky caliper, but chances are you will have to replace it.

who did the brake pads.........did thy put them in the right way...!!

a local garage who I have been going to years, I replaced the springs and clips myself after there fell off, and had a chance to take a look and there looked right, unless theres a special way of putting them in?

thanks for your help in advance

my girls boss has a is200 and one of his rear shims or clips came off and jammed in between his brakes then scored the inside of his alloy badly. have you checked everything still in place?

yeah will be chcking it all tomorrow, thanks for the advice

an update,

too kthe wheel off today and bent the backing plate, which has improved the noise whilst driving, but needs more bending.

looked at the pads and clips, and it seemed the brake pad clip had gone loose and out of place, of which ive put it correctly. this has stopped theclunking sounds but still hear minor scraping sounds when applying the brake, am i right this maybe due to having new pads?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links