Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Problem Getting Into My Lexus Is220

I AM WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAS HAD THIS FAULT BEFORE. MY IS 220 IS 3 MONTHS OLD AND I HAVNT HAD ANY PROBLEMS UNTIL NOW. IF I PARK IT OVERNIGHT IN MY DRIVE AND COME TO UNLOCK THE CAR THE NEXT DAY WITH SMART ENTRY NOTHING HAPPENS, THE CAR WILL NOT UNLOCK EVEN WITH THE CONVENTIONAL BUTTONS ON THE FOB. THE ONLY WAY TO OPEN THE CAR IS THROUGH THE KEY SLOT AND THIS IN TURN ACTIVATES THE ALARM UNTIL YOU PRESS THE IGNITION BUTTON (MOST EMBARRASING).

MY LEXUS CENTRE SUGGESTS PARKING THE CAR IN ANOTHER LOCATION AS THE THINK THE LOCK SYSTEM IS BEING INTERFERED WITH BY NUMBER OF POSSIBLE CULPRITS, THE LIST INCLUDED PLASMA TVS, ELECTRIC GARAGE DOORS, LAPTOPS AND EVEN LOW ENERGY LIGHT bulbs. TO BE FAIR THEY HAVE AGREED TO CHANGE THE FREQUENCY OF THE LOCKING SYSTEM, BUT I AM UNSURE IF THIS WILL WORK, AND AM I REALLY EXPECTED NOT TO PARK THE CAR IN MY OWN DRIVE!!!!!!!????

I AM WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAS HAD THIS FAULT BEFORE. MY IS 220 IS 3 MONTHS OLD AND I HAVNT HAD ANY PROBLEMS UNTIL NOW. IF I PARK IT OVERNIGHT IN MY DRIVE AND COME TO UNLOCK THE CAR THE NEXT DAY WITH SMART ENTRY NOTHING HAPPENS, THE CAR WILL NOT UNLOCK EVEN WITH THE CONVENTIONAL BUTTONS ON THE FOB. THE ONLY WAY TO OPEN THE CAR IS THROUGH THE KEY SLOT AND THIS IN TURN ACTIVATES THE ALARM UNTIL YOU PRESS THE IGNITION BUTTON (MOST EMBARRASING).

MY LEXUS CENTRE SUGGESTS PARKING THE CAR IN ANOTHER LOCATION AS THE THINK THE LOCK SYSTEM IS BEING INTERFERED WITH BY NUMBER OF POSSIBLE CULPRITS, THE LIST INCLUDED PLASMA TVS, ELECTRIC GARAGE DOORS, LAPTOPS AND EVEN LOW ENERGY LIGHT BULBS. TO BE FAIR THEY HAVE AGREED TO CHANGE THE FREQUENCY OF THE LOCKING SYSTEM, BUT I AM UNSURE IF THIS WILL WORK, AND AM I REALLY EXPECTED NOT TO PARK THE CAR IN MY OWN DRIVE!!!!!!!????

No need to shout!! :whistling:

There were posts on here 12 month ago with people having problems and it was linked back to Sky broadband wireless routers!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hi there, check my post history because we had exactly the same problem when we moved house. Luckily for us (or unlucky whichever way you look at it!) we moved into a flat so there was no need to park on our own driveway!. Basically i had the car into the lexus garage and they were non-plussed at our problem because it only ever happened when i parked in a certain stretch of road near our flat. So now i park 50 yards up the road and problem was solved.

Its just a shame you cant do the same!

Just had the entry problem myself today. Arrived at a customers building, parked up in their car park and got out, pressed door handle button to lock the car, and no joy. Got out the key fob and pressed the lock button, still no joy. 5 minute before my meeting starts and I am fumbling around in the rain trying to prize off the door lock cover. Locked the car with the mechanical key, and then pressed the keyfob and the door opened and closed ok.

Seems that using the mechanical lock overcame the problem.

Also tried to start the engine whilst the door wastn't locking and the dash reported not being able to find key. Placed key next to Start button and it started ok. Take key fob away and re-tried, and no key found.

The mechanical key locking and opening of the door fixed the "glitch" and all now seems well again....also noticed the red LED on the keyfob was flashing, which I have never seen before.

My keyfob is two weeks old, so not likley to be a Battery problem. Hopefully it won't happen again...in the rain !!!. :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links