Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys. Can someone offer me some advise about the GS range of cars.

I currently have an is200SE which is a superb car, but a little slow. I was thinking of changing it and do like the look of the GS range of cars. Ideally I would have a twin turbo vertex but couldn't afford the fuel and don't want the hassle of service, parts & insurance on an import.

My previous cars was an Impreza turbo which was quick and reasonable on fuel. My question is should I go for a GS car? If so what are the options? Is it a GS300 or GS430? or are there other varieties? What are they REALLY like on fuel? According to the Lexus website, they're pretty bad really.

How is the drive? Are they reasonably quick? Can the be boosted without too much expense?

Sorry to ask so many questions guys. Ideally I want something reasonably quick with reasonable fuel consumption. I have to say on paper, the BMW's have the edge, but i don't want a bog standard car that every other bugger seems to have.

Cheers,

Matt

the GS430 is phenominally quick - get one if you can!

The Aristo Vertex is just a total nutter mobile - but only available in import version (it was never made in the UK).

You might be able to get a turbo conversion for a standard GS - but they're very expensive

The Aristo Vertex is just a total nutter mobile - but only available in import version (it was never made in the UK).

Would say they are a nutter mobile, but ideal if you want to lose weight, put your down, you **** yourself espically if your going around a bent when the petrol holoics kick in. :yahoo::yahoo:

.......... The Aristo Vertex is just a total nutter mobile - but only available in import version (it was never made in the UK).

Made in the UK? :blink:

GS/Aristo GURU Roddz, slips up.... :D

.......... The Aristo Vertex is just a total nutter mobile - but only available in import version (it was never made in the UK).

Made in the UK? :blink:

GS/Aristo GURU Roddz, slips up.... :D

Yeah - but you knew what I meant Gordz

....read marketed/sold in the UK.... or made FOR the UK

(sigh)

I am ready to go and have a test drive of a GS300 now, but I have just read the thread on vibrations from the car. I was looking at getting a 1998/99 model but not so sure if I should give up the IS now. Are these vibrations a real problem with the cars? and is it just a few of them, or do they all seem to vibrate?

Cheers,

Matt

P.S. if i do go ahead, i still have my 1999 is200SE with Sat Nav to get rid of.

Just brought myself a 98 GS300SE. Previously had a Saab 900Turbo. Quick but too small for me and not as refined as the GS. Found the GS to be and excellent car. All you could wish for with ride quality to dream of. Re: vibrations... I too do suffer (getting it checked out next week, will update asap). vibrations not too severe, start to notice slightly from around 70mph up to about 82mph. Even so only barely noticeable if looking for them. Judging by the threads possibly solveable by change of tyre manufacturer (currently Pirelli P6000 - the worst for the vibrations so I'm told).

I've test driven a IS200 but the GS300 is a much more refined car.

Go for it you'll not look back I assure you.

Ref the Vibrations - Same tyres but changed the alloys, no vibrations until a changed the alloys overs, put the same tyres from the old ones to the new one - thinking the GS is very sentive to balanced alloys, will be getting them checked tomorrow.

Hi im new to this site very informative well done.

I to am thinking of buying a lexus GS 300 Aristo vertex 2000 model on a v plate, I have read all the other threads about what to look out for insurance, vibrations e.t.c spoke to the garage selling it today has no service history 32,000 miles all jap paper work (which probably wont be much help as i dont speak jap) they said they have done a big service on it and its mint, was imported near end of 2000. got an insurance quote today from tesco not your favorite i know but quite cheap at £1037.40p , it apparently has been HPI checked and datataged they want 15k for it.

Anyone got any alarm bells ringing or any more advice for me as i want to look at it next weekend :excl:

Any help appreciated Alex

OK I took out a GS300SE from Lexus Swindon for a test drive, and enjoyed it. I've always been anti automatic cars, but it seemed ok.

I also have someone coming to view my is200SE today, and he's bringing the AA so he must be reasonably interested.

I've decided that if I get another Lexus that I should go for an early series 2 GS300 in the sport form, prefably with Sat Nav. Do these ever crop up much? I see the odd Sport for sale, or SE's without Sat Nav, but haven't come across any Sports With Sat Nav (not at a sensible price anyway)

Cheers,

Matt

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links