Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

I am looking to hire/borrow a set of camshaft locking tools for my UCF10 if anyone can assist please let me know.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve

Why do you want to lock them, are you afraid someone will steal them!!!!!!!LOL...

Seriously, I take it you are going to change the cam belt, I've read a few posts on this and they all don't bother locking them, they don't move unless you play with them...

There is a good write up here

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/engine/timingbelt.html

Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs....

Pete

Hi Pete,

No it was just that the garage that's doing the cambelt cancelled my booking as they needed to order the locking tools so it was basically that after buying these they would only make £40.00 on the job which I thought maybe was a get out of doing the job clause because I know they've underquoted at £100.00 labour only.

Plan was to go back and say I have the tools are we still on for the job but they have now booked it in for Thursday along with the VOSA test.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here is the eagerly awaited outcome of the £100.00 ( excl parts) cambelt change.

Took the car in on Thursday morning as rearranged they kept it over night and I picked it up on Saturday as I was working too late to get back in time and they left the key across the road as they were closed Saturday

Kept their word even though the "computer lied" about the time involved.

Now the BAD news it FAILED the MOT and until I rang them today to arrange payment for the work I didn't know ( they couldn't contact me for some reason)

Here's the conversation,

Me" Hi it's Steve with the Lexus LS I'm going to call in later to pay you for the cambelt and MOT I assume it passed OK as there was nothing in the car to say otherwise"

Garage " just a minute" garbled sounds " Er no it's failed"

Me " Oh what on?"

Garage " He couldn't find the switch for the rear foglights"

Me " What?"

Garage " He........foglights.

Me " He found it last year and I haven't moved it"

Garage " OK bring it back show them working and he'll do the certificate"

LOL

As you may know mine is an import and the JDM model has no rear fogs so they are retrofitted into the exsisting rear cluster ( pro job) and a switch is added on the dash

And that was it £135.00 for the cambelt and MOT!

I did however treat them to a 24 pack of Carling.

Ok last thing before you fall asleep they tested it as an LS430 as mine is not type recognised on the VOSA database and it passed with flying colours considering the brakes etc on the LS430 are probably far better than mine.

Ok that's all folks I am off on hols for 2 weeks sand sun and s*x if I'm lucky ( why don't women understand what 20 kilos are when it comes to luggage allowance yet they fully understand pounds when spending them :whistling: )

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links